About Oxygen Generation

Jblade35

Feb 14, 2013
Just got a quick question about Oxygen generation - what's the best way to go about it? From the recipe page it sounds like there's emphasis on having the leaves be part of a tree (rather than shearing leaves off of an existing one and then placing them around the collector) Does the fan on the collector spin faster depending on efficiency? Is it actually possible to grow trees on the moon, or would I have to say create artificial ones by placing logs down and then leaves around it?

flashman111

Feb 12, 2013
Just got a quick question about Oxygen generation - what's the best way to go about it? From the recipe page it sounds like there's emphasis on having the leaves be part of a tree (rather than shearing leaves off of an existing one and then placing them around the collector) Does the fan on the collector spin faster depending on efficiency? Is it actually possible to grow trees on the moon, or would I have to say create artificial ones by placing logs down and then leaves around it?
I've only tried it with normal leaves so far, it works well for me.
Never actually tried planting a tree on the moon :/

Reactions: Blakemc

micdoodle8

Administrator
Nov 12, 2012
Well, planting a tree is much more convenient, instead of carrying multiple stacks of leaves to the moon.

I'll put a video up on how to do it for the people who don't see this...

You need at least 4 water blocks within a small radius of the sapling or it won't grow. It also seems to require daylight, although I don't remember coding that and as far as I remember that's not how default tree growing (with bonemeal) works.

Jblade35

Feb 14, 2013
Ah cool, I didn't know about the water blocks - I'll try this out when I get to the moon, thanks!

1029chris

Feb 13, 2013
SPAAAAAAAAAAACE
Well, planting a tree is much more convenient, instead of carrying multiple stacks of leaves to the moon.

I'll put a video up on how to do it for the people who don't see this...

You need at least 4 water blocks within a small radius of the sapling or it won't grow. It also seems to require daylight, although I don't remember coding that and as far as I remember that's not how default tree growing (with bonemeal) works.
thats very suspicious...

pikachujpr

Apr 16, 2013
one problem i have is that the leaves on my trees keep breaking as if there's no wood but i haven't even touched my trees, do i need an oxygen field covering the trees?