About Space Station's Gravity

Apr 5, 2014
Germany
i had this Problem Many Times when Building.

Staff of Traveling won't Teleport you, Wrenches won't insta-Mine Machiens/Cables and Palcing Blocks on Rightclickabla things doesn't work too.
All Things that Require you to Sneak while Rightclicking, and Non of them Work when you aren't on Solid ground...
altogether the COntrolls are Pretty Messed up.

Just Wondering why and how it could be Prevented.
I assume it#s the Code. but i don't know for sure.

Last edited:

MeSoLost

Jul 27, 2016
noticed this too, kinda annoying to have to cheat with //up 0 to get a block to stand on for this action

Apr 5, 2014
Germany
well i only play on Servers, so Cheating is not a Option. i just need to use the Server Plugins (/home) to get back up.
because sometiems i just fly, want to go down a Bit and it sucks me down to Earth faster than i pressed... which makes no sense

MeSoLost

Jul 27, 2016
actually it does make sense if you take into account the gravity of earth only pulls you towards it. When you are standing still (in orbit) you are technically falling towards earth at the same time and rate at which you are flying past it. Because these 2 forces are equal you actually orbit the earth and only appear to be standing still (relative to the objects around you) =\ one thing i can suggest is that if the server you play on has ProjectRed installed the jetpack provided with that mod actually thrusts you in the direction of your view angle (in space only)

Do they have extra utilities installed? (angel block) If they have commandhelper then I can make a tiny script to add in an "angel block" replica.

Apr 5, 2014
Germany
but it is Annoying Realism... not even Creative fly has that "being Sucked down randomly" thing...
wish there was just a a Option in the Configs like "EnableRealisticSpaceStationPhysics= False" or something like that.

MeSoLost

Jul 27, 2016
the one thing I find most annoying is that worldedit's /thru and /jump commands see Galacticraft's air as solid blocks =\ making going through walls annoying -_- (in an enclosed area oxygenated by an oxygen sealer)

MeSoLost

Jul 27, 2016
another potential bug i noticed here recently is that sometimes i get "glued" to the ceiling. Meaning that sometimes when i touch the ceiling i can then crouch and i behave as normal and begin descending. Other times when I touch the ceiling I get stuck and i must use some fly or move somewhere there is no block above me. Another problem I've had is when using ProjectRed's jetpack (the one that actually thrust you in the direction you are looking versus only vertical) it works as it should at my own space station but when i visit someone else's station it acts like i'm on the overworld (vertical thrust only). A space station's physics should be the same as any other space station's physics (both are overworld stations) so I'm utterly confused as heck with this. Only difference is on my station I'm using oxygen bubbles for the main part and on my alts account I have air sealers within the station.

Very annoying to have overworld space station 1 work completely different than overworld space station 2. -_-