Achievements of Galacticraft

This is good idea? This is good idea? I think so.

• Yes, this is good idea! :)

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • I'm not sure about this idea. :/

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

prophet1990

Jul 25, 2013
I thought you might add achievements for gc.
Achievements type:

-That's small step for man but a giant step for mankind. -Pops up after the first arrival at each planet.
-You're explrorer of the galaxy. -Pops up when you crate a first rocket.
-NASA needs you! -Pops up when you create an Rocket Launch Pad.

etc.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Good idea. "First step for man..." should be a moon only achievement. For mars something like "7 minutes of terror?" could be for Mars as a throwback to the 7 minutes of terror that was coined to describe what NASA experienced with the Curiosity landing, which was quite impressive. The achievements might already be on the "to do" list, but it could still help giving suggestions.

If you haven't seen it, it refers to the 7 minutes it took for Curiosity to land and no one knew if the method they were using for the first time, "the skycrane" was going to work properly. I believe there was even a moment where they lost contact with it, and they feared the worst.

Here's the video:

Here's a longer even more complete video with an artist's rendering of Mars's point of view with the chatter overlayed and of course awesome music from Cosmos:

prophet1990

Jul 25, 2013
"7 minutes of terror" hmmmm... I'm not sure about that. Maybe something in a different style? Type a hmmmm... Type a.... I don't know, but I have achivement for landing on Pluto! "Almost like Voyager" hmmm? :)