Add a custom planet

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Didn't realize that, well maybe just a link to your folder of textures if you press "make custom textures" (would close Minecraft)

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Really? must have never seen it... (every time when i go to the folders i get the message "windows explorer has stopped working" and shuts itself down)

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Well, i can open it but the problem is that i get an error that says: "Windows explorer has stopped working" and then closes the folder...

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Windows 7

Try this:

1) Click on start
2) Type CMD in the search bar
3) You should see CMD.exe appear
4) RIGHT click on CMD.exe and click run as administrator
5) Click Yes on the alert if once pops up
6) At the prompt type SFC and just so you know I'm not being an ass put /? after it (It should say "SFC /?")
7) Then type SFC /scannow
8) You'll probably want to go to bed or do something else because the scan will probably take a while.

This is no guarantee, but it MIGHT fix broken or damaged windows files, which could be the root of your windows explorer issues. I don't remember if it prompts you to insert your windows disc to repair files though, so have that on hand just in case.

scan.jpg

Reactions: AcapitalA

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Try this:

1) Click on start
2) Type CMD in the search bar
3) You should see CMD.exe appear
4) RIGHT click on CMD.exe and click run as administrator
5) Click Yes on the alert if once pops up
6) At the prompt type SFC and just so you know I'm not being an ass put /? after it (It should say "SFC /?")
7) Then type SFC /scannow
8) You'll probably want to go to bed or do something else because the scan will probably take a while.

This is no guarantee, but it MIGHT fix broken or damaged windows files, which could be the root of your windows explorer issues. I don't remember if it prompts you to insert your windows disc to repair files though, so have that on hand just in case.

View attachment 689
Thanks! it helped :D, can't wait to do some research in the folders again :p

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Hi, I'm a new member and I would love to be able to make my own planet thanks
I don't really think you're new because i saw you posting things all the time while i didn't had an account yet ;)
<coughmessagessay782andalsostaffmembercough>

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Back on topic though:

Mystcraft adds custom ages, which are each separate dimensions. I don't see why Galacticraft can't do something similar and call them Genesis Rockets. Maybe even tie into Mystcraft since I think the devs over there have or are working on their own API.

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
Back on topic though:

Mystcraft adds custom ages, which are each separate dimensions. I don't see why Galacticraft can't do something similar and call them Genesis Rockets. Maybe even tie into Mystcraft since I think the devs over there have or are working on their own API.
It would be epic if you could create your own Mystcraft moon and fly to it :)