Add more to inside the rocket

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Why would you say that? It's not a bad idea at all!

Yes it is a bad idea. Being able to look around inside the rocket and see some control panels and stuff isn't a bad idea, but being able to walk around and have chests and crap is.

This is a mod for minecraft not a space simulator or full fledged game. I think a lot of you have completely lost sight of that or just don't care. You people just suggest any hair-brained idea that comes to mind because it seems totally awesome to you or you saw it somewhere else and it looked cool.

Never do you ever consider whether it's even feasible within the confines of Minecraft let alone be done by a person working alone. You're also self-centered with development time that doesn't even belong to you, which is a point I've tried to bring up numerous times. You want the ideas YOU like in the mod regardless of the time and effort it takes away from other things.

I'd much rather have 20 smaller things like more planets, grav-plating, etc and have more to actually DO than have just space exploration and rockets I can walk in because Mitch spent all his time on only that.

That's the kind of balance we're talking about here, which you don't seem to understand. These huge ideas you're such a fan of take away from time that can be spent putting a lot of other things into the game.

Last edited:

Dinammar

Aug 31, 2013
London, United Kingdom
Yes it is a bad idea. Being able to look around inside the rocket and see some control panels and stuff isn't a bad idea, but being able to walk around and have chests and crap is. This is a mod for minecraft not a space simulator or full fledged game.
Micdoodle once said he is going to make this like KSP, but It's his mod, he can do whatever he wants, I'm not going to argue

Dinammar

Aug 31, 2013
London, United Kingdom
Yes it is a bad idea. Being able to look around inside the rocket and see some control panels and stuff isn't a bad idea, but being able to walk around and have chests and crap is.

This is a mod for minecraft not a space simulator or full fledged game. I think a lot of you have completely lost sight of that or just don't care. You people just suggest any hair-brained idea that comes to mind because it seems totally awesome to you or you saw it somewhere else and it looked cool.

Never do you ever consider whether it's even feasible within the confines of Minecraft let alone be done by a person working alone. You're also self-centered with development time that doesn't even belong to you, which is a point I've tried to bring up numerous times. You want the ideas YOU like in the mod regardless of the time and effort it takes away from other things.

I'd much rather have 20 smaller things like more planets, grav-plating, etc and have more to actually DO than have just space exploration and rockets I can walk in because Mitch spent all his time on only that.

That's the kind of balance we're talking about here, which you don't seem to understand. These huge ideas you're such a fan of take away from time that can be spent putting a lot of other things into the game.
When did I say "I want micdoodle to add this, and he must do it", I never said that, I just said that I support this idea, and you can't stop me from doing it. You are doing everything you said in that post about me. I think YOU just want to be your way, not mine. And when did micdoodle ever say he's not going to make big things?! He never ever said he's going to add a new planet soon. That's why I use Starcraft 2. Either way, I don't want this turning into a forum fight, so end of discussion

Reactions: IceClimber11

Dinammar

Aug 31, 2013
London, United Kingdom
Personally, I think Rockets should have a basic interior. Nothing in excess, but enough that it doesn't seems an empty iron rectangle that all you do in it is to stand inside, while you can barely see through the window.

After you get a Spaceship(assuming that Mic follows the logic of Rockets having up to Three tiers, and further than that requiring a spaceship), the interior would be way more fleshed out, possessing things such as aesthesical radars and similar details, AND useful information such as health(if spaceship battles are implemented), fuel and the such.

Hey, you may only use these rockets/spaceships to leave your planet, but that isn't to mean that they don't require any aesthesical features!
Mr. Potatoe approves

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
When did I say "I want micdoodle to add this, and he must do it", I never said that, I just said that I support this idea, and you can't stop me from doing it. You are doing everything you said in that post about me. I think YOU just want to be your way, not mine. And when did micdoodle ever say he's not going to make big things?! He never ever said he's going to add a new planet soon. That's why I use Starcraft 2. Either way, I don't want this turning into a forum fight, so end of discussion

Well first, the post wasn't directed only at you. It's what I see with the constant reposting of the space exploration ideas. "We want this idea in the mod and don't care how much development time is taken away from other things to get it."

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013

This is why I think that the idea of walking around should pertain to spaceships, or at least the larger ones, depending on Mic's vision of spaceships. Here are a couple of spaceship ideas I have:

Fighter/Jet: Think of the Grox Spaceship from Spore. Obviously, since there is only a cockpit, you can't walk around, but it has a couple of weapons(if Mic implements space fighting).

Cargo-oriented spaceship: There's a couple of rooms you can walk around, but the majority is used for cargo.

Exploration/Residential spaceship: There are a couple of living quarters inside the spaceship, but only the essentials you can have in your house, such as a workbench and chests.

Mothership: A massive spaceship which has living quarters, cargo holds and work rooms, alongside weapons.

Note that those aren't like Tier spaceships, they are rather spaceship types. What modifies is the spaceships' engines. For example, there can be a Fighter spaceship that can go from one corner of the galaxy to another in seconds(with FTL drive), and a Mothership that can barely go to another star system.

That, and those spaceships would rather be only useful if the 'explore space itself' idea was implemented. So I guess it's just better to stick with Rockets.

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I think the rockets are perfect. It might be cool to some, but it doesn't really fit the Minecraft style. I mean look at vanilla boats. It looks like half of a wood crate and you just sit on the bottom of it and I love that about the game. It's so basic. Granted I do realize this is a mod which allows the creator to make the have however they want, but that's why I love Galacticraft. It adds a new THEME with new items, tools, machines, what have you, but it is all still done in a very MC style.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
This is why I think that the idea of walking around should pertain to spaceships, or at least the larger ones, depending on Mic's vision of spaceships. Here are a couple of spaceship ideas I have:

Fighter/Jet: Think of the Grox Spaceship from Spore. Obviously, since there is only a cockpit, you can't walk around, but it has a couple of weapons(if Mic implements space fighting).

Cargo-oriented spaceship: There's a couple of rooms you can walk around, but the majority is used for cargo.

Exploration/Residential spaceship: There are a couple of living quarters inside the spaceship, but only the essentials you can have in your house, such as a workbench and chests.

Mothership: A massive spaceship which has living quarters, cargo holds and work rooms, alongside weapons.

Note that those aren't like Tier spaceships, they are rather spaceship types. What modifies is the spaceships' engines. For example, there can be a Fighter spaceship that can go from one corner of the galaxy to another in seconds(with FTL drive), and a Mothership that can barely go to another star system.

That, and those spaceships would rather be only useful if the 'explore space itself' idea was implemented. So I guess it's just better to stick with Rockets.

Again, Look at what the ships are NOW instead of looking what they MIGHT be when/if some other idea gets implemented. Right now a rocket is to get you to Y 1,200. That's it. Then you get a GUI to choose where you want to go. With that, it's completely pointless to have rockets to walk around in. If you're in first person view, I'm all for adding buttons in levers and stuff inside that you can look around at.

Dinammar

Aug 31, 2013
London, United Kingdom
Again, Look at what the ships are NOW instead of looking what they MIGHT be when/if some other idea gets implemented. Right now a rocket is to get you to Y 1,200. That's it. Then you get a GUI to choose where you want to go. With that, it's completely pointless to have rockets to walk around in. If you're in first person view, I'm all for adding buttons in levers and stuff inside that you can look around at.
Well I guess that's fair
You earned Mr. Potatoe's approval

OpelSpeedster

Sep 29, 2013
我從來沒有說過,

I can't read chinese! (Or japanese, I always had a hard time making the difference...)

Hence why I wrote the last two lines in my post.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Being able to look around inside the rocket and see some control panels and stuff isn't a bad idea, but being able to walk around and have chests and crap is.
Aesthetics matter a bit because I want to have the feel I'm in a rocket.

Considering that moon buggy and moon lander got a newer design, a better looking and a little bigger rockets would be welcome... specially for me. ;)

As to being able to walk around: It was suggested for other mods (see Traincraft) and was denied due to technical complications. Making Minecraft detect the collision between the player and the faces of a model in movement is a math-hell. You can -- with some struggle -- make the game synchronize the positions of both player and the model (example: player and minecart, player and horse or player and rocket) so that you can create the illusion that the vehicle is carrying the player. Chests: the rockets already have in-built chest.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Aesthetics matter a bit because I want to have the feel I'm in a rocket.

Considering that moon buggy and moon lander got a newer design, a better looking and a little bigger rockets would be welcome... specially for me. ;)

As to being able to walk around: It was suggested for other mods (see Traincraft) and was denied due to technical complications. Making Minecraft detect the collision between the player and the faces of a model in movement is a math-hell. You can -- with some struggle -- make the game synchronize the positions of both player and the model (example: player and minecart, player and horse or player and rocket) so that you can create the illusion that the vehicle is carrying the player. Chests: the rockets already have in-built chest.

You're already sitting inside the rocket. It's relativity easy to add some texture so you can look around and see buttons and blinking lights. Considering that the rocket is a vehicle to get you to a GUI at Y 1,2000, I don't see why more would be needed.

Dinammar

Aug 31, 2013
London, United Kingdom
You're already sitting inside the rocket. It's relativity easy to add some texture so you can look around and see buttons and blinking lights. Considering that the rocket is a vehicle to get you to a GUI at Y 1,2000, I don't see why more would be needed.
Hmm... Maybe it would be more intresting if the planet selection gui was at y=1500