Advanced aliens

GroxLeader

Apr 27, 2014
it would be cool to have better aliens then the ones on the moon one that have better houses that are like the space needle and have ufo's as ships and are hostile

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
it would be cool to have better aliens then the ones on the moon one that have better houses that are like the space needle and have ufo's as ships and are hostile
We'll have new mobs and better structures depending on how the mod expands and new planets are added. We had some discussions about hostile spaceships, but Galacticraft is focused on exporation of planets, not on space battles.

Hrmm no sir i dont like it.
Could you please say the reasons? This kind of post is not helpful, it doesn't help improve the idea. People are not here to please [or serve] you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Douglas_Fresh
Jan 8, 2014
Sweden not really swedish im dutch
We'll have new mobs and better structures depending on how the mod expands and new planets are added. We had some discussions about hostile spaceships, but Galacticraft is focused on exporation of planets.

Could you please say the reasons? This kind of post is not helpful, it doesn't help improve the idea. People are not here to please you.
Im not going to post 6 pages of opinions 22:24 PM in the night on my phone. Maybe tommorow!

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Im not going to post 6 pages of opinions
No need. If you know very well a certain subject you can condense it in a short and concise text.

You can get your point across with 2 or 3 short paragraphs. If we feel interested in your opinion, we will ask more details. That's how a civilized discussion develops.

Last edited:

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
In a few words then :) WE ALREADY HAVE ALIENS CALLED MOON VILLAGERS. also even tough its minecraft it seems a touch bit unrealistic over-used and boring :)
According to his post, he does know there are moon villagers. His point is that he is asking for better and new aliens. While my point was if you don't like or don't agree with that, you should say why Galacticraft should not get better and new aliens.

The fact we already have aliens doesn't mean there's no room for better and new ones. One doesn't exclude the other.

Also, no need for all-caps for a 1-line post.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2014
Sweden not really swedish im dutch
According to his post, he does know there are moon villagers. His point is that he is asking for better and new aliens. If you don't agree with that, you should say why Galacticraft should not get better and new aliens.

The fact we already have aliens doesn't mean there's no room for better and new ones. One doesn't exclude the other.

Also, no need for all-caps for a 1-line post.
I know that the author knows that i simple dont like this idea i like the moon villagers i dont want any super-high tech ufo alien types.

Mod note: pointless and obstructive picture removed.
~Ezer'Arch

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
i simple dont like this idea i like the moon villagers i dont want any super-high tech ufo alien types
See? Did it hurt you? You could have said "I don't like it because the alien villagers are fine as they are now, they don't need to be advanced" from the beginning.

But still, better and new aliens don't always mean "any super-high tech ufo alien types". When the OP said that? Anyone can suggest something better without being super-high tech. For example, I'm all for improving the current alien villagers and give them some trade system.

What a picture of a cat has to do with the topic?

Apr 27, 2014
This is actually a neat idea. Perhaps the chance of having varying levels of intelligent beings. Some are primitive and only exist on planets that naturally harbor life (such as the overworld) and would be similar or even more primitive to the minecraft villages, whereas others may be more high tech in a sense, mostly visual though.

However, let me expand a bit on high tech. On natural planets, large towns with tall futuristic looking buildings and rocket launch areas with interesting trade deals. On normally hostile planets (or at least not friendly to life), they may have small space colonies with pre-existing oxygen farms and bubbles where they wander about their base, doing research for the main world :p

I'm working on learning java so I can code an addon that adds more worlds and things to explore, but for now all I can do is offer up ideas for micdoodle to consider or addon makers to steal xD

Let me know what you guys think! I haven't expanded greatly on my ideas, but this is the main idea as far as intelligent life goes.

GroxLeader

Apr 27, 2014
they don't have to be high tech just a cool new alien like on planets with little gravity long and tall stringy legs and arms and on gas planets have aliens that float or fly

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
My opinion is that what if the homes they are in are actually super advanced to them? They aren't Minecraftians/Humans (Minecr'uman!) These are a completely separate sentient species. They might not be too advanced either, seeing how they lack the brainpower to telepathy, thus we can't trade wit them. (I mean, what would you trade for or with? Saplings for Dirt? Dirt for Saplings?)

For height, seeing how it's, once again, a different species/race, they could be affected differently by gravity.

On to hostility, I couldn't imagine it, nor would I care much for it. What would this "Moon Villager," which needs a better name, do? I'd say it would have to be some sort of telekinetic power. The large brain must give them some benefit. Possibly a Mind Fray, de-buff you so much you can't do that much to them. Maybe a Psi Lance where they shoot a translucent, purple spear at you? A Telekinetic Shield to defend themselves? The list could go on with how they could defend themselves, but not many on the physical side. Though, I do like the fact of an alien species attacking with their mind, the "Moon Villagers" would fit the hostile look better if they, well, looked the part. I mean, robes?! Where did they get ROBES?!

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
My opinion is that what if the homes they are in are actually super advanced to them? They aren't Minecraftians/Humans (Minecr'uman!) These are a completely separate sentient species. They might not be too advanced either, seeing how they lack the brainpower to telepathy, thus we can't trade wit them. (I mean, what would you trade for or with? Saplings for Dirt? Dirt for Saplings?)

For height, seeing how it's, once again, a different species/race, they could be affected differently by gravity.

On to hostility, I couldn't imagine it, nor would I care much for it. What would this "Moon Villager," which needs a better name, do? I'd say it would have to be some sort of telekinetic power. The large brain must give them some benefit. Possibly a Mind Fray, de-buff you so much you can't do that much to them. Maybe a Psi Lance where they shoot a translucent, purple spear at you? A Telekinetic Shield to defend themselves? The list could go on with how they could defend themselves, but not many on the physical side. Though, I do like the fact of an alien species attacking with their mind, the "Moon Villagers" would fit the hostile look better if they, well, looked the part. I mean, robes?! Where did they get ROBES?!

Not that there is much reason to intentionally attack a Moon Villager at the moment, but perhaps they could use that brain power to stop any projectiles (i.e. Neo-bullet-stopper-trick) forcing you to engage them in close-quarters combat.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Has anybody noticed Evolved Zombies don't attack the Alien Villagers? They must have such a brain power. :O
Lol.

these aliens can look like anything and be female and male
You watch too many old fashioned movies and games. Aliens are like humans, but just look different and everyone is unique, but similar if form. Kinda. You have the rough idea of what a human is, like you do with a dog. An alien with giant legs and a tail that walks on all fours with a cannon isn't the same species as a cyclops alien with a big head and larger eye and antennas?

Benoni

Oct 20, 2013
I really support the ''better'' aliens and the ''better'' houses but the thing about ufo's and ships that i don't fully support is that it would be real overpowerd. Like an ufo that's flying and hostile trying to attack you is a bit overpowerd if that would be added it should be nerfed.
My opinion.