Resource Pack Aeon Extension Patch & Aeon Resource Pack (with Galacticraft support)

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Aeon Extension Patch + Aeon Resource Pack

This is a patch made for one of the best futuristic and modern texture packs, Aeon by thesparko. It adds new graphics and bring back most of the missing graphics of the original Aeon, and support items of the techmods Galacticraft, Mekanism, Carpenter's Blocks, Modular PowerSuits and Bibliocraft.

Download: http://www.ezerarch.com/resourcepacks.html

(Planet Minecraft project page: http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/aeon-extention-patch/)

This is not a stand-alone pack. You need to download and install Aeon first and then this patch.

What it features

This pack adds, modifies and brings back about 100 graphics to Aeon, specifically:
  • UI elements, fix and update;
  • blocks and items: clay blocks, enchanting table, tracks, furnaces, daylight sensor, plants, dispenser, reed, lamps, item frames, clock, map background, iron golem, name tag etc;
  • fix a few graphic errors;
  • Disc 11 now plays a new track (1.7.2+ only);
  • Bibliocraft: glasses and furniture (enable it in the BiblioCraft.cfg) and new UI elements for clipboard and mapping;
  • Galacticraft: Flag of the Earth (1.6 only), new textures for Frequency Module, Glowsone torch, Thermal Padding, Asteroid rock, Overworld and Asteroid ores, Dense Ice etc.
  • Mekanism: glow blocks, road blocks and salt blocks.
  • Carpenter's Blocks: new designs and patterns for beds, doors and blocks.
  • Modular PowerSuits: a few new icons for compatibility.
  • 2 extra patch versions: Mars and Venus patches. Both add support for custom skies and terrain (requires Optifine!).

Videos
Video showcasing new sounds and textures:

Video-example showing the Mars patch:

Credits

Complete change log: http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/aeon-extention-patch/#tab_log

(If you use any of this in any material for public view, give credit to all respective authors as I did!)

Last edited:

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
I think I did something.

7Keq2Hl.png

fluGYjF.png

It's sort of based on the "pumpkin suit", it also has some glowing parts. More to come.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vigilantecow

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
New release!

Changes:
  • Galacticraft: added graphics for Copper, Silicon, Aluminum and Tin ores;
  • Galacticraft: added graphics for Bacterial Sludge bucket item;
  • Galacticraft: new graphics for Thermal Padding graphics;
  • Modular Power Suits addons: added graphics for Liquid Nitrogen bucket and Portable crafting module icon;
  • Carpenter's Blocks: added decorative graphics for Glass Door (use the hammer, see post #2);
  • Vanilla: Added graphics for Diamond ore, Creeper skull, Bottle o' Enchanting, Wooden Door, Iron Door and Arrow;
  • Vanilla: Fixed graphics for Sign and Birch sapling.
  • Forgot something else?
Download: http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/aeon-extention-patch/

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
on the video it looks like you terraformed it in a way
Terraformed? No, it's the Overworld that was "martiformed", you can tell that by 11:20, you can see some jungle forest I left behind, not mentioning the dried river beds and extreme hills and the rain in the beginning.

Probably I should post a video of how to martiform the overworld.

EDIT:
You can download that world here: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/a-base-on-mars-for-galacticraft/ and see it by yourself.

Last edited:

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
New release of Vanilla Patch. Mars and Venus later.

New items, fixes and edits. Adds a few graphics from LEDCraft, with permission of original author, Vickal1. (see his FAQ in the section 6, 4th question)

BekxgUj.png

Changes:
  • Vanilla (by myself): added shears, name tag, cake and stick;
  • Vanilla (by myself): added font support to special characters like, Á, Ó, Ú, ã, õ etc;
  • Vanilla (by myself): changed anvil GUI;
  • Vanilla (by myself): fixed white stained clay, it will now use the clean white texture which was "lost" in the folders;
  • Vanilla (by myself): changed yellow stripped block which will be the yellow stained clay, the orange stained clay will be natural;
  • Vanilla (by myself): changed hardened clay and brown stained clay will use natural texture (yay, less eyesore mesa biomes!);
  • Vanilla (from LEDCraft): added potatoes, pumpkin pie, compass, iron golem, seeds and flower pot (placeholders for now?);
  • Galacticraft (by myself): added dense ice and asteroid ores (iron, aluminum and ilmenite).
  • And something else I don't remember (I will edit this if I do).
Download here (since PMC is down, as usual): http://www.ezerarch.com/resourcepacks.html

Last edited:

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
This is the 1st release of Aeon Extension Patch for 1.8.1 update. Works on 1.7.10 with no major trouble.

It adds and changes about 40 files. Adds new items and blocks. Changes GUI elements etc.

Changes:
  • Vanilla: fix lever (1.8.1 only)
  • Vanilla: fix destroy graphics
  • Vanilla: deactivated mcpatch files for lever, in 1.8 it uses model json files.
  • Vanilla: fix unwanted block rotation for grass, sand, dirt and stone in 1.8.1
  • Vanilla: added blockstate json files to fix the above (1.8 only)
  • Vanilla:adds villager anger graphics. Hit one villager within a village to see.
  • Vanilla: fix villager UI
  • Vanilla: fix widgets (1.8.1 only, doesn't affect 1.7.10)
  • Vanilla: add endstone
  • Vanilla: add andesite, diorite, granite, iron trapdoor, slime block, red sandstone, sea lantern and wet sponge (1.8 only)
  • Vanilla: fix stone, cleaner graphic.

Download here if PMC site is down (as usual): http://www.ezerarch.com/resourcepacks.html

Last edited:
Reactions: thiago1255

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
I'll release a new version of my patch during this week. It will change/add about 25 files, mostly UI and item graphics:

B6wGZiaIcAAdgru.png:large

(1000th post, sort of)

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
This is the 2st release of Aeon Extension Patch for 1.8.1. Works with 1.7.10 too. Officially I call it v6.0, the update that saved your ears.

B67DhWPIEAAvVGh.png:large

It adds and changes about 25 files, mostly UI and item graphics. Features a "fix" for chicken steps. Contains graphics of my own, TheSparko's (Aeon main pack) and Vickal1's (LEDCraft). Vanilla elements only.

Changes:
  • Blocks: add 4 kinds of chests and fix Flower Pot.
  • Blocks: add and change, Daylight sensor has now both modes. Day mode will be golden (affects 1.7.10), night mode will be blueish (1.8 only).
  • Blocks: change, Lilac now uses the non-Christmas graphic. To bring the Christmas themed back, delete or rename double_plant_syringa_top.png and double_plant_syringa_bottom.png from the patch.
  • Blocks: change, Red Sand random texture rotation was disabled (1.8 only).
  • Blocks: fix player head for 1.8. It will look weird in 1.7.10, read Notes #2.
  • Items: add Egg, Ender Eye, Ender Pearl, Item Frame, Lead, Magma Cream, Painting, Sugar Cane, Snowball and Slimeball.
  • Entity: add Spider.
  • UI: part-fix beacon UI and HUD icons.
  • UI: weak-fix 2 destroy graphics.
  • Sound: fix an annoying sound glitch, MC-1250: Chicken steps make crackle sounds. Watch the video below.
  • Items (from LEDCraft): add Nether Star, Wither Skull and Cookie
  • Entity (from LEDCraft): add Wither, Wither Skeleton and Minecart.
  • Misc: add a neat pack.mcmeta.

Notes:
1. For MCPatcher users: Keep in mind Better Glass is not yet implemented in 1.8. Issues with glass blocks and panes are known.

2. MC 1.7.10 uses 64x32px steve.png while 1.8.1 uses 64x64px steve.png, it's not possible to fix one without breaking the other. You can rename steve_for_1_7_10.png to steve.png to make it work for 1.7.10.

3. Graphics from LEDCraft with permission of original author, Vickal1 (see his FAQ in the section 6, 4th question). Consider them as non-definitive graphics.

The video demonstrating the chicken tic-tic-tic-tic fix:

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Small update of Aeon Extension Patch, v6.1. Spotlight for Tron-ish Enderman.

B7Muo89IUAE5beo.png:large

Changes:
  • Vanilla: add cauldron and brewing stand.
  • Vanilla: add mobs, enderman and cave spider.
  • Vanilla: change dispenser, end stone and iron bars.
  • Vanilla: fix mossy stone brick's MCPatcher properties. Now they'll connect textures (CTM).
  • Galacticraft: add parachest.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
(I forgot to announce the 7.0 major release, let's move forward to 7.1)

Small update. Fixes the "ugly" redstone lamp and add Enderchest.

B-FF9Y9IIAAwpfd.png:large

Changes:
  • Vanilla: adds Enderchest.
  • Vanilla (1.8.1 only): fixes netherrack random rotation.
  • Vanilla (1.8.1 only): adds CTM for polised andesite and polished diorite, now the top faces are different.
  • Vanilla: changes the redstone lamp, now uses glowstone graphics, with proper on and off states.
  • Vanilla: changed glowstone for a "more" natural looking.
  • Vanilla: subtle change in villager's dislike icon (particles).
  • Vanilla: improvements in spider and cave spider skins.
  • EDIT: Vanilla (1.8.1 only): adds spruce door (it was added by accident, I'll fix it in the next release).

Last edited:

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
The next version of Aeon Extension Patch will feature, among other things, GC-themed custom paintings for Bibliocraft:

Ideas for more paintings? Bring them all.

Last edited:

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
How about featuring some art based on existing pictures just like the paintings in the vanilla game?

For those who got to experienced the time when the Voyager duo made its encounter with the Jovian system will be extra likely to recognize this montage:

zVQNPa2.png