After Playing the β Version

Apr 5, 2014
Germany
I was unsure where to post feedback on the β Version of GC.
sooo, here should do for now.
first thing,
"Hold Q for more Info"
that is incorrect, you have to hold Sneak.... since 1710 this bug was in... no idea if that ever gets Fixed to show the Correct Button, or just say "Hold SNEAK".
Next,
The Mod still has the issues it had in 1710...
Machies are a pain to set up without using Facades because of their specific In/Out -put sides.
The Compressor is still so eh... the fact that Ingots/Plates have to be in a specific pattern to make Recipes is horrible for Automation, and makes no sense... not even the BC Assmebler does that, and BC is crap.

All together there wasn't much changed from 1710 to 1102/1112.

Now i really don't want to make this sound like a rant... I love the idea of the mod, but currently the Mod just seems way to... unpolished and unfinished.
might be a lack of Time from the Dev side... idk, I just hope someone picks the mod up with enough time and knowledge to make it better.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Hold Q for more Info"
that is incorrect, you have to hold Sneak.... since 1710 this bug was in... no idea if that ever gets Fixed to show the Correct Button, or just say "Hold SNEAK".

Which language are you using for Minecraft? Not en_US, I guess?
Also, which button is your SNEAK currently?

Machines are a pain to set up without using Facades because of their specific In/Out -put sides.
You mean, you cannot easily set up a wall of machines with all cables and pipes hidden? This is intentional. Our vision of the mod is that machines with cables and pipes like Refinery, Electric Ingot Compressor, etc, are industrial machines which belong in a machine room, not in your base control room.

You can use Sealable versions of the cables for a smoother appearance if you want to do things like place Oxygen Sealers in your floor.

Any specific problems, please provide a screenshot explaining what you want to see, and we can maybe take a look at making a change.

The Compressor is still so eh... the fact that Ingots/Plates have to be in a specific pattern to make Recipes is horrible for Automation, and makes no sense...
The simple Compressor recipes are shapeless. The Compressor will automatically place ingots and plates into the correct positions, if it's possible for it to make a good recipe. It should automate smoothly using a Hopper, ME interfaces or equivalent systems. The main problem is that if you have insufficient input items so that a recipe is incomplete, you can 'block' the machine, we don't have a solution for that. So just ensure you give the machine the correct input items for each recipe and it should go smoothly.

Again if you have a specific problem, please provide a screenshot and explain the recipe.

All together there wasn't much changed from 1710 to 1102/1112.
https://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Galacticraft_4

Apr 5, 2014
Germany
oh hohoho.
are you challanging me.
alrighty. lets see.

----

sooo.
I use en_US... reason why it says "Aluminum" ...ugh.
Items are not getting split 50/50 when using AE². while Hoppers are a bit slow... but the Machine itself is utterly slow too, so that works together.
I can't extract Items from machines too, so that it with Automation i guess.

Machines still show usage of Power, and Production in seconds instead of ticks, i don't know why that is the case... because it goes agaist literally every mod.

I tried to see if the Space Station controls are still broken... but the game freezes instantly when i start walking around.
There is no Crash report because the game doesn't crash... it just stops.

and that with the Machine faces is just annoying
I can do this with basically every mod.
Epb8JkR.png

except GC, where I could rotate them to do the same
FgLWms7.png

which then again makes it hard to see which machine is what.
Dc1hDBn.png

or I waste Materials on Cables and Facades
NwxbW2m.png

Like... where is the positive thing to having these Specific sides?
TE has them, but you can configurate them...
also, are there Spoilers, so i can hide the Images by default?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Machines still show usage of Power, and Production in seconds instead of ticks, i don't know why that is the case... because it goes agaist literally every mod.
This is a fact I acknowledge: some UIs show gJ/tic, others show gJ/s. It's a matter of consistency.

Like... where is the positive thing to having these Specific sides?
That's something that was pointed out while ago: https://forum.micdoodle8.com/index....ut-output-face-arrangement-for-machines.3955/. That thread also explains why changing the faces can be problematic (post) among other things.

We talked about implementing some kind of UI (shift+wrench) that allowed players to rotate the machines' faces. But we were caught by a landslide of priorities and bugfixes.

Still though, you can use wrench to rotate the machines. Yeah, we are aware that it may not look aesthetics-friendly. :)