Air production through electrolysis

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
*slap*

Since there's already a way of producing O2 through plants/crops, the player can take advantage of benefits from other mods that produces O2 by electrolysis. This is an existing feature of Mekanism, Mic could make it so the oxygen pipe connects Mek's O2 gas tank to the GC's oxygen storage module, and the Mek's H2 gas tank to the Refinery which would convert H2 to fuel. GC could have a pipe for liquids, such as fuel and liquid hydrogen.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
*slap*

Since there's already a way of producing O2 through plants/crops, the player can take advantage of benefits from other mods that produces O2 by electrolysis. This is an existing feature of Mekanism, Mic could make it so the oxygen pipe connects Mek's O2 gas tank to the GC's oxygen storage module, and the Mek's H2 gas tank to the Refinery which would convert H2 to fuel. GC could have a pipe for liquids, such as fuel and liquid hydrogen.

or at least make the fluids compatible. The piping could be handled through BC liquid pipes, or TE liquiduct. Doesn't Mekanism also have liquid pipes of some sort? Otherwise buckets could be used.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Doesn't Mekanism also have liquid pipes of some sort? Otherwise buckets could be used.
Yes. But they are not compatible with GC any more. I think GC became too outdated that Mek pipes refuse to connect to GC blocks, when not the game crashes and I have to remove blocks in the MCEdit. o_O'

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2013
I had a ton of extra air cells from gregtech fusion reactor. I've been just dumping them and sending the empty cells back to system for re-use.

Zachecho

Dec 2, 2013
great idea could be amazing if it was implemented this could solve so many problems

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
Yes. But they are not compatible with GC any more. I think GC became too outdated that Mek pipes refuse to connect to GC blocks when not the game crash and I have to remove blocks in the MCEdit. o_O'

I'm pretty certain GC's API is outdated, since it was over a month ago GC was updated. When I updated from Mekanism 5.60.668 to 6.0.0.182, I experienced symptoms exactly like those you described. It's a pity since the new version of Mekanism has received some new and really cool features. One of the best updates is the electrolytic separator can now output both hydrogen and oxygen at the same time.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Mekanism has updted to 6.077 or something VERY NEW UPDATES YOU SHOULD UPDATE :)
I have Mekanism 185, but as I said:
Yes. But they are not compatible with GC any more. I think GC became too outdated that Mek pipes refuse to connect to GC blocks, when not the game crashes and I have to remove blocks in the MCEdit. o_O'
... so I have to downgrade Mek if I want to play GC with Mek.