[announcement] Public Galacticraft Server

tihmstar

Jul 23, 2013
UPDATE:
Server can be found here:
http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.p...-always-last-successfull-build-10-slots.1959/

Hey guys,
since i heard about galacticraft, i can't stop thinking about this awesome mod.
So im thinking about creating a public server with the pure galacticraft expirience.
The features should be:
- pure galacticraft, no other mods (or at least as less as possible)
- always latest successful build of galacticraft (checks daily, so might also be 2. latest)
- public, so everyone can join
- pvp enabled (but be honest to others)
- griefing not forbidden

The idea behind it is, that you join on the server (alone or with friends), go as far as possible away from spawn and hide there from others and then try to survive and fly to the moon/space station/other planets.
There are alway enemys around you, on the overworld and on other planets. Feel free to kill other and steal their stuff :p

I have a lot of great ideas for the server and want to know what do you think about it?
Would you join?
Have you any suggestions?

Also i wanted to ask for a bit help, because there still needs some things to be done before the server can go public.

It would be great, if anyone could help me do some thing.
Whats needs to be done is (important thing go first):
1.) i need a mod(forge), which lets me make a custom "You're not whitelisted" message
(don't worry about the whitelist, the server will be available for everyone ;) )

2.) i need a mod(forge), for managing permissions (at least to allow anyone to invite anybody to his space station) found hPermissions, don't even sure i need it. This is problem solved for now

3.)i need a mod(forge), for managing chat a bit (so the chat is not spammed when more people are on the server). I thought about somethink like: you can only chat (say/hear) with players are in your (custom via config file) range. for example i can only chat with people in range of 500 blocks around me, if they are more than 500 blocks away they don't see my messages in the chat.

If people are interested in this "project" i will update this post, when progress is made.
So tell me what do you think about it!

EDIT 1.8.13 : solved "problem" no 2
EDIT 2.8.13 : solved "problem" no 1

Last edited:

tihmstar

Jul 23, 2013
because i found lots of pluggins for bukkit that could really help me out, but not one singe for forge that would be usefull for me.
since galacticraft is based on forge i need to do the setup with forge.
To be honest, i didn't even know "forge" exist befor finding galacticraft.
Sadly i know there are some newbees/noobies around, who could give me links to bukkit mods.

But what do you think about the server idea?

Reactions: spacet&b

tihmstar

Jul 23, 2013
well, pvp is on and grief is allowed.

By the way, the server is almost ready. You want me to put it online?