Armourer's Workshop Addon for Galacticraft Idea

vos

May 31, 2015
Idea is that you could make your own rocket models using Armourer's Workshop model creator.
Different tiers would mean different sizes and special blocks for thrusters and anything else you need for an actual rocket.
Also custom Launchpads for the rocket sizes.

Other idea was custom glass masks but you could just get a custom helmet.

Custom Moonbuggy would be cool too but probably harder than the rocket.

Im sure Ezer'Arch would love to see this and like everyone because cmon who doesn't want custom rockets?

But is this even possible and if not. why?

Sorry if this thread lacks information or quality, its 5 am and Im half asleep :p

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Im sure Ezer'Arch would love to see this
Sure I would.

The problem is (I'm 99% certain) that Armourer's Workshop API does not support vehicles in general. I know it's possible to "re-model" tools, weapons and a few (hardcoded) mobs.

As to custom glass masks, it's up to our devs to implement Armourer's Workshop API in Galacticraft code so that Armourer's Workshop can "detect" Galacticraft special items. For instance, the gas mask is not based on Vanilla armor code; not even Minecraft recognizes the gas mask as armor piece, it's a totally different implementation.

Well, considering that we are short in human resources and that Armourer's Workshop API only works in 1.7.10 and we are no longer expanding Galacitcraft 1.7.10... kinda hard to give a happy answer. ^_^()

(This reminded me I need to finish this: https://twitter.com/EzerArch/status/878836351147405312)

its 5 am and Im half asleep
Danggit, go sleep. :p

vos

May 31, 2015
Well, considering that we are short in human resources and that Armourer's Workshop API only works in 1.7.10 and we are no longer expanding Galacitcraft 1.7.10... kinda hard to give a happy answer. ^_^()

There's always Chisels and Bits addon that adds custom armor models too and that is 1.10+ i think.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Lol I did but tell me, do you like it and do you think its possible?
I like the idea, but there are two problems:
  • AWS is mostly for armors and hand tools. I don't think RiskyKen would extend the mod to cover vehicles too. You can try and suggest here on GitHub.
  • To support AWS custom masks and other Galacticraft-specific items, we will need people to code the API integration. This is what we don't have now.