Astro miner crashes my client when I look at it.

Valthroc

Jun 4, 2017
Hey guys, loving the mod, huge fan of it.

Thing is though, I finally got an astro miner set up. The base works fine, can use it, look at it and all that good stuff.

The actual miner itself though, it crashes whenever I look at it/Anyone looks at it. I cant even get back on because as soon as I log in, im already looking at it, which causes it to instantly freeze and crash. The only error message I get is

"The game crashed whilst saving entity nbt
Error: java.lang.NullPointerException: Saving entity NBT "

Anyone have any idea what causes this, any info would be amazing :)!

From reading other posts the version helps: GalacticraftCore-1.10.2-4.0.0.99-BETA

Last edited:

Valthroc

Jun 4, 2017
Hm, I tried updating the pack, and spawned in one in single player and it still seems to crash when I look at it. Is there anything else that could be causing this? Like I said, its not just me though, its a server wide issue that effects everyone.

Valthroc

Jun 4, 2017
A side note, we have other mods as well, is it possible any of these conflict with Galacticraft? ( I am not sure how they would with just one specific item, but, you never know).

If this is considered advertising, I apologize and please delete this one message of the post, trying to get down to the root of the problem, thanks again :)!

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
This is a known bug in WAWLA or WAILA.

Not a Galacticraft issue.

The problem is that whenever you look at the AstroMiner, that triggers WAWLA because it wants to tell you what you're looking at. WAWLA (or maybe WAILA underlying it, I'm not too sure) is wrongly coded so that it causes client-side crashes when looking at some entities.

We can include a workaround for this in our next Galacticraft build update - thanks for letting us know it affects Astro Miners.

You should be able to get things working for now if you remove everything WAWLA / WAILA connected from your modlist. Or maybe they already fixed the bug and you can fix it by updating those mods - if an update helps, please let us know here so that we can pass the info on to other players who encounter this problem

Valthroc

Jun 4, 2017
Yep, that was the issue! Taking off those mods fixed it! Thanks :)! It is a good work around for now, hopefully this will be fixed.

Thanks again for responding quickly and helping out, really appreciate it, keep up the good work :)!