Black Hole

goldfang35

Member
Mar 16, 2013
25
5
3
26
Idea:
It would be quite amazing if you could stumble across black hole tiny celestial bodies with an unbelievable amount of gravitation that not even light can escape. So what i want is not those science fiction-i whirmholes that take you to another dimension or another time but an actual black hole that functions as accurate as possible to the limits of minecraft and the public information about them.

Stumbling across one:
There are many way's that i can think of finding one but one stands to mind something most of you're moderator said were impossible but you had made already(the space station dimesion) i have been reading threads about upon leaving the atmosphere that instead of a GUI to appear that you would be sent to another realm witch in general would be space with rocks scattered everywhere a reason for actually being able to control a rocket and to be able to dodge rocks if you were hit your spaceship would take severe damage and also maybe for having fuel giving you a limited time to get to a planet not only that but having enough to get back right now if you don't you'll just get stuck in space and wait to lose oxygen or dye of hunger in the process losing your items but that's not the most important part being able to actually fly to a planet would improve game play more than you would imagine.

This would also increase the multiplayer aspect if you have a comrade they could send you fuel by making another rocket and giving you fuel to get back but they would have to find you in the endless, dark cold space.

Back on topic the way you could find a black hole would be that if you venture away from the solar system you would have a chance to start losing control and eventually start spinning meaning you would be getting sucked by a black hole depending on size has more gravitational pull and more range and when you get sucked in its game over (death) these black holes should be 100% invisible due to it having the power to suck in light however you there would be a 5% chance that that black hole would spawn while devouring a star making the black hole's gravitational field visible(black hole's should have a relatively rare chance to spawn) this would make a hurdle that the players need to accomplish to get into another solar system.

Another way to see them is if you make a gamma or x-ray sensor(both make it easier to detect,witch should be very expensive to get) This would work like a map but is all black and there would be random green shapes of gamma ray around space and depending how they move or act is possible though not easy to find then this would be like a puzzle.

If the space dimension isn't possible then maybe when you get out of the atmosphere there's a small chance that you will get sent to another dimension where there would be a black hole and you would just die but maybe a cool animation would happen like ICBM's redmatter bomb but with ought the visible core and just dust and blocks flying around it.

Other Black Hole Effects:
black holes sometimes emit massive and super powerful jets of matter that travel at the speed of light if the space dimension is implemented then there would be a random chance at random place's that a giant wind blast in general a massive beam of wind like a tornado something like the particle's of the rocker burning but hundreds of times bigger that would blow all the rocks in space away at quite fast speed making it hard for you to dodge them and if you were to get caught in one by chance there would be a 5% chance that the wind blast would be weak enough not to kill you and blow you into another part of the universe(chance grow depending on higher tier space ship) the other 95% is death all these event would be pretty rare .
 
  • Like
Reactions: Gamegeek1234

Gamegeek1234

Member
Apr 22, 2013
127
7
18
20
I LOVE this idea! I'd love to be able to travel through space and to the planets! Someone else had suggested enemy ships, this would go great with that on a multiplayer server! This is genius.
 

goldfang35

Member
Mar 16, 2013
25
5
3
26
Thanks though my title says Black hole it ended up being a suggestion about space travel and gave some cool idea's on what you could do with this type of the dimension the possibilities are endless.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Gamegeek1234

Gamegeek1234

Member
Apr 22, 2013
127
7
18
20
Thanks though my title says Black hole it ended up being a suggestion about space travel and gave some cool idea's on what you could do with this type of the dimension the possibilities are endless.
Yeah, but I find this as an AMAZING idea!
 

ProfessorNoob

Member
May 21, 2013
1
0
1
23
"...massive and super powerful jets of matter that travel at the speed of light..." Matter has mass and therefore can not travel at the speed of light (it's physically impossible).
 

cur25

Member
Mar 13, 2013
25
5
3
33
"...massive and super powerful jets of matter that travel at the speed of light..." Matter has mass and therefore can not travel at the speed of light (it's physically impossible).
Well it can get really close (both above and below lightspeed), so can let it pass.
 

Mark Bolhuis

Member
May 17, 2013
52
21
8
I LOVE this idea! I'd love to be able to travel through space and to the planets! Someone else had suggested enemy ships, this would go great with that on a multiplayer server! This is genius.
I think that if we combine, the Black Hole Suggestion, the Enemy Ships, and The Proportioned Rockets idea, you will end up with a perect combo. The Space ship will travel through the vacum of space, travaling from planet to planet, gathering recources., and be a a home as it travels. It can stay in orbit, around a planet. untill the lander is deployed from the rocket, this will land on the planet. Once the rocket is in orbit, it can be attacked by enemy ships, or as it travels.
 

Gamegeek1234

Member
Apr 22, 2013
127
7
18
20
I think that if we combine, the Black Hole Suggestion, the Enemy Ships, and The Proportioned Rockets idea, you will end up with a perect combo. The Space ship will travel through the vacum of space, travaling from planet to planet, gathering recources., and be a a home as it travels. It can stay in orbit, around a planet. untill the lander is deployed from the rocket, this will land on the planet. Once the rocket is in orbit, it can be attacked by enemy ships, or as it travels.
If only Micdoodle could see these pages! Then we'd most likely see this stuff happening!