Black Holes and Wormholes

Megastannyboy

Mar 12, 2013
In my suggestion thing, I have it so that wormholes lead you to 3 different planets outside the Solar System, but you need to build a Starship (not spaceship) before entering it as your little spaceship cannot survive the wormhole itself.

I like the idea of going to another solar system. But what i we change the starship idea to something else?

Woz2

Mar 10, 2013
Ready my Alpha Centauri post. Much more practical (and possible) take on it.

The Supermon

Mar 14, 2013
if this mod is going for a realistic approach why would there be worm holes and black holes that close to the solar system? if there was, all the planets would have gotten swallowed up by the black holes.

Reactions: obsidianpower790

Woz2

Mar 10, 2013
Very true^ the presence of any sort of black hole (marble-sized black hole= Earth's mass) or even worse, a singularity (aka wormhole) would throw the gravitational balance way out of whack.

bluesled

Mar 12, 2013
Hey guys, you do know this is a game right... Let's not say "Oh we shouldn't do this because it's unrealistic." because games aren't by default. I love this idea and think it should be added, I don't understand why it has to be realistic, if it was, it wouldn't take five seconds to go to the moon. This would make the game a lot more fun. I think it would be cool if when you approached one of the two, you'd actually see them and stuff, like I'd be disappointed if it was just a message that said "You died in a black hole.". Okay that's all I have to say.

Reactions: Megastannyboy
Feb 19, 2013
Hey guys, you do know this is a game right... Let's not say "Oh we shouldn't do this because it's unrealistic." because games aren't by default. I love this idea and think it should be added, I don't understand why it has to be realistic, if it was, it wouldn't take five seconds to go to the moon. This would make the game a lot more fun. I think it would be cool if when you approached one of the two, you'd actually see them and stuff, like I'd be disappointed if it was just a message that said "You died in a black hole.". Okay that's all I have to say.
Yeah, because as I said earlier, you'll be alerted if your ship navigated toward a black hole or wormhole, and there'll be a "minigame" of sorts you have to do before you get sucked in, and you'll be able to see the hole, too. So it's not going to be like "u ded bcuz blek hul no lul" but instead "Ship's navigation systems are malfunctioning! Caught within grasp of a nearby black/wormhole!" and then you have to try to steer away (the minigame I was talking about) and if you can't make it, you die (or get sent to another universe).

goldfang35

Mar 16, 2013

the moder said that he's gonna go for a realistic feel if he isn't going to add our solar systems planets than it would make sense to have a blackhole cause your on a complete different solar system but micdoodle ain't doing that so that then thesupermon's explanation would be true.

"if this mod is going for a realistic approach why would there be worm holes and black holes that close to the solar system? if there was, all the planets would have gotten swallowed up by the black holes."

so why not make it so you will only run into a black hole if you get quite a distant away from the solar system? Also dalton Rhine's scientific explanation is true wormholes aren't scientifically proven so shouldn't be added but rather if you have some sort of solar sail and you get caught in an extreme solar breeze you get shot into another part of the galaxy not to far though so you can find your way back

Reactions: obsidianpower790

exerpt

Mar 17, 2013
Ohio
www.micdoodle8.com
On another note, if he implements a friendly to use API for others to create extensions of galacticraft with then it would be possible that someone would create a more advanced space-ship that can explore solar systems out of sight and completely defined by the users imagination. I would love to see something like that happened where you explored unknown planets at the risk of losing your space-craft and not being able to return again ( say conditions on the planet must be correct for landing / takeoff ) you could say have a 0.005% chance to find a meteorite made of diamond or a mixed metals planet or a planet so volatile you couldn't even land. Although scientists have already identified entire planets made of materials that are rare or foreign to earth. pretty nifty.