C02 recycler.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Superkalasnikov, Sep 4, 2013.

1. MasterOanarchY

MasterOanarchY Moderator
    Staff Member

I think it's funny how normies watching The Big Bang Theory makes them feel smart because they understand the jokes.

2. Jappards

Jappards Member

Just to clairify, air is a mixture of gasses (on earth: CO2 (carbon dioxide), O2 (oxygen), N2 (nitrogen), H2O (water) and noble gasses), so you don`t call the gasses inside the bubble of oxygen from the oxygen bubble distributor air.

3. Superkalasnikov

4. Space Viking

Space Viking Member

I don't really get why the leaves should be decaying by an oxygen collector in the first place. Assuming the player is breathing the collected oxygen, shouldn't it actually keep the leaves from decaying because of the resulting air circulation?

5. Dex Luther

Dex Luther Member

It's nothing more than a gameplay mechanic to keep it from being a "set it and forget it" machine.

6. MasterOanarchY

MasterOanarchY Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't know what you're talking about. I have an oxygen collector in my yard to collect oxygen for my oxy-acetyline torch, and let me tell you the leaves decay. You have to keep on top of it.

7. Shalashalska

Shalashalska Member

If you're the best in your class, I shudder to think what the worst in your class is. The air we breathe is actually called oxygen, not dioxygen, for gaseous molecules bonded to themselves, you just use their element name. Ionized oxygen is O, oxygen is O2. Also, the US only fails terribly in physics, not chemistry, they have better chem programs than most countries. But it's sad that someone like me can learn more physics just from browsing the modern physics sections of wikipedia (which is quite fun, actually) than going to school. In a college level physics course.

8. Dex Luther

Dex Luther Member

I hate to break it to you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxygen

http://biowiki.ucdavis.edu/Biochemi...ormation_of_Earth_and_the_Development_of_Life

I suggest you do a little research. We DO breathe Dioxygen ;)

9. Superkalasnikov

biowiki? A site named that? May be false information. AND THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC! AAAAA

10. MasterOanarchY

MasterOanarchY Moderator
    Staff Member

It does not, but I believe Dex's point is that one should think before they speak. Do some research. You might learn something. Why are the dumbest people also the loudest? Being louder, doesn't make you right. It just makes you loud. Also biowiki is from UC Davis.

Douglas_Fresh likes this.
  11. Dex Luther

Dex Luther Member

THANK-YOU!

Oxygen is NOT the same as O2. At least not in science. Oxygen is an atom. Laymen (or scientists trying to simplify things for laymen) often say: "we breathe oxygen." Technically that's false. As you said we breathe O2. Again, Oxygen =/= O2. That little 2 there means there are two oxygen atoms bonded together. In science "di" means two. If there are two oxygen atoms bonded together it's dioxygen (or dioxide). Water could be called dihydrogen oxide (or monoxide), which means 2 hydrogen one oxygen, and scientists would know exactly what you mean. They might look at you funny and ask why you didn't just say "water" though.

The perfect poof of this is that CO2 is called Carbon Dioxide. One Carbon atom and two oxygen atoms. You've also got CO, which is Carbon Monoxide. Can you guess why?

Hydrogen Peroxide is H2O2. You could say dihydrogen dioxide, but that's getting a little complicated. The "per" in the name means there's an oxygen atom for every hydrogen one.

I think I'll stop the 10th grade science lesson now. Superkalasnikov, I would suggest you crack open a text book.

Untitled.png

12. Ezer'Arch

Ezer'Arch Administrator
    Staff Member

1) Oxygen (symbol O) is a chemical element, a type of atom. An atom of oxygen alone is unstable, so it needs to connect to other atoms to stabilize.

2) Dioxygen (symbol O2) is a molecule made up of two atoms of oxygen. Normally it's a gas that is absorbed in metabolism of living organisms.

3) Most of living organisms (consider mostly mammals, reptiles, birds etc) breath air, not pure dioxygen (oxygen either). Air is a mixture of gases. Breathing pure O2 in high quantities is toxic.

4) Trivia: Ozone (O3) is a molecule made up of three atoms of oxygen. Normally it's found as gas and it's toxic.

13. Dex Luther

Dex Luther Member

Might have gotten a few details wrong (or left them out because it was beside the point), but I think I did pretty well remembering stuff I haven't had to actively remember for over 12 years.