Cannot Break Blocks

Jun 27, 2014
I have tried posting this to the MinecraftForum page a couple of times, but no response. I would really like an answer to this, as I have been unable to locate any information regarding this issue.

Running Forge 142, GC 350

Cannot break blocks.

Playing Adventure Mode, and cannot break GC blocks with any pick. I can use wrenches to turn them, but the only way to remove blocks is to go to Creative Mode and back. Irritating, and I feel like it is cheating.

Any idea why this mod's blocks cannot be removed with the tool indicated, while others can be removed with their tool? The only other mod I have had this issue with is ExtraUtilities, same issue.

Cheers

EDIT: Seems to not apply to ALL GC blocks. I can break the refinery with an electric drill from GregTech. Cannot break generator or compressor.

Jun 27, 2014
I have now posted this in both the Minecraft forum and here, and have had no answer. I get the feeling that this question, as well as a few others, from the look of the list, is being ignored. If I have missed something posted prior, apologies - I am in China and my loadtimes are very slow, to the point that some pages do not load at all.

If not, what is the reason for ignoring this, and other questions asked by players? I have rarely seen such with other mods, and wonder why this is the case here.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
If not, what is the reason for ignoring this, and other questions asked by players?
I'm sorry if you are having a hard time to get a proper answer to your question.

I saw your post on MCForum and here, but I didn't reply because I usually prefer not to reply if I don't have a helpful answer -- since I don't play on Adventure mode.

As to not being able to break blocks on Adventure mode: my opinion and according to this GitHub issue, this would be intended, but I'm not sure... Or we are really dealing with a bug.

Hope some else brings in a better answer.

Jun 27, 2014
Thanks for the reply, finally. Even a non-answer would have been helpful, as it would have led to other questions and perhaps solutions that others might be seeking.

Other mods have set so that particular tools break particular blocks in Adventure Mode, as well as Survival - special wrenches, etc. I enjoy the added difficulty of Adventure Mode, and avoid Survival. At some point I will setup a server for my group to play on, and we want Adventure Mode. So, having a way to break the blocks in GC without destroying them as an admin would be most beneficial.

Since some GC blocks break and can be recovered, and most cannot, it would seem that there is something about the blocks that can be set by the mod author - metadata, perhaps? I am not a modder, so do not know, hence the question.

If looking into Adventure Mode block breaking is something that the mod is not going to address, I would appreciate being told, so I can stop spending time on this issue and moving on to other mods for the server. If it will be looked at, an estimate on when it might be updated would be nice.

Thanks