Cannot craft Galacticraft recipes

gaminfreak22

Oct 16, 2013
I cannot seem to craft any recipes added by galacticraft. I have tried on both 1.6.2 and 1.6.4 with no luck.
When on 1.6.2 I used Minecraft Forge 9.10.1.871 and all 3 Galacticraft mods from build #790
When on 1.6.4 I used Minecraft Forge 9.11.1.933 and all 3 Galacticraft mods from build #786
I have also tried in both server and client configurations. Any ideas what is going on? Besides MC Forge and Galacticraft, my MC is completely unmodded.
Thanks for any help!

EDIT: I should also note that I am green as grass when it comes to this stuff, so please be nice =]

kaze10

Oct 14, 2013
Are you using the Basic recipes or Galacticraft 2 recipes?

Since you need to use the galacticraft 2 recipes.

Oct 17, 2013
run in build #804 for MC 1.6.2, also I know a few things have changed so if you run NEI in recipe mod that should be a big help

gaminfreak22

Oct 16, 2013
I'm becoming more confused the more research I do. The recipes I was looking at for basic reference were here. And then I was looking at others here. And none are working. Also, I'm seeing Tin Ore referenced everywhere, but I have yet to find tin, but I am finding a butt load of Aluminum, which isn't referenced anywhere. Hence my confusion. Is there a place I can see a list of all the builds for download? I just tried 803 and it doesn't seem to work for me either. Is there a specific MC Forge that you all have luck with? I'm really not wanting to put more mod stuff in just because it's more to keep track of, but I will look into what all NEI entails.
Thanks for the replies, and I'm going to continue attempt different things to see if I stumble my way into a fix.

kaze10

Oct 14, 2013
Tin is found and is pure white for the ore. Aluminum is easily mistaken as it is a silver-ish white. Just keep looking. And a recipe with aluminum is aluminum wire. Which is 3 aluminum in the middle and 3 wool above and below it.

Try that wire recipe and see if that works, if it doesn't, then IDK what to do.

gaminfreak22

Oct 16, 2013
Okay, right now I'm running build 804 like Steve said to, and the Aluminum Wire recipe works! Thanks so much for helping, Kaze! So, I'm assuming I was just being an idiot and trying wrong recipes. Is there a place you use to find Galacticraft recipes? My go to recipe to try was a copper canister, copper ingots in a big U, but that never worked which is why I posted here to begin with. I guess then that that recipe doesn't actually exist? Sorry I'm such a n00b =\

gaminfreak22

Oct 16, 2013
Thanks for the reference. Ah, there's one of the other recipes that didn't work for me. Steel Dust. Hmm...

kaze10

Oct 14, 2013
Yeah steel dust is not used now. I don't know what you make to make compressed steel which is all that is used for steel things now.

gaminfreak22

Oct 16, 2013
Hahahaha, alrighty then. I have a lot of trial and error ahead of me with recipes it looks like. Again, thanks so much for your help!