Can't find help from the Wiki? Please let us know!

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Sorry for the delay in updating/adding information. I had been temporarily distracted setting up a server, channel, twitch, etc. in the relatively little spare time I have. Will be trying to address several pages very soon!

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Sorry for the delay in updating/adding information. I had been temporarily distracted setting up a server, channel, twitch, etc. in the relatively little spare time I have. Will be trying to address several pages very soon!
No worry, no hurry. You have no obligation. :)

BTW, all these pages were created. They just need images, info boxes, and more filling.

Last edited:

Zeleas

Jan 10, 2014
Some friends and I are about to make our first expedition to the moon. But I can't find out anywhere if we need to bring fuel with us in order to get back to earth. How much fuel, if any, do we need to go round trip to the moon (per rocket)?

Thanks for any help!

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
Some friends and I are about to make our first expedition to the moon. But I can't find out anywhere if we need to bring fuel with us in order to get back to earth. How much fuel, if any, do we need to go round trip to the moon (per rocket)?

Thanks for any help!

Happy to help! Per rocket, if you launch in a rocket that is 100% full of fuel you will have enough left over to return as not all of the fuel is consumed on the way there. It is intended to include enough fuel to return. HOWEVER make sure you bring an empty fuel canister and a fuel loader with something to power it. When you land on the Moon you need to retrieve the remaining fuel from the lunar lander using the canister and then put that fuel back in a fuel loader and fill the rocket. It won't fill the rocket very much, but it will be enough to return to the Overworld and still have a tiny bit left over once you get back.

Zeleas

Jan 10, 2014
Great! Thank you so much! We discovered after building all of the rockets we had a few less resources than we realized, so we're making one last mining trip before takeoff. We'll be sure to pack fuel canisters in our cargo!

Ebear

Feb 12, 2014
I've just been adjusting/adding pages when others request it or have issues with what is or isn't there. So I will try to add more detail to the Space Station page now that you brought it up.

Ok Thanks! Also, I was wondering if you would mind if I let you guys know of a bug that makes the server crash... Something to do with the Moon and Space Stations, and Airlocks. Here's a log if you want to see. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I really want some help with this... I see many posts on it. Link: http://www.pastebin.com/raw.php?i=n3MHkxEF

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I personally have no experience with code or anything so I probably won't be much help, but it does seem to me to be a terrain generation type of issue. No matter the cause, if it's causing the game to crash I recommend just submitting a bug report.

Ebear

Feb 12, 2014
I personally have no experience with code or anything so I probably won't be much help, but it does seem to me to be a terrain generation type of issue. No matter the cause, if it's causing the game to crash I recommend just submitting a bug report.

Ok. I'm doing that now... Also, do you know if there's a way to make it so players need a permission to create and travel to Space Stations?

Ebear

Feb 12, 2014
So I added a bit to the Space Station page. Maybe check it out? I would like to know if that adds more of what you are looking for or if you would let me know what kind of information you would like to see.

Ok that's great! :)

Leyvin

Feb 18, 2014
Ok Thanks! Also, I was wondering if you would mind if I let you guys know of a bug that makes the server crash... Something to do with the Moon and Space Stations, and Airlocks. Here's a log if you want to see. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I really want some help with this... I see many posts on it. Link: http://www.pastebin.com/raw.php?i=n3MHkxEF

From the Forge Log it looks like you simply ran out or memory to load it, something to note is that SPACE (for Space Stations) is a smaller but Permanently Loaded Map.
As I said it isn't very large, approx. 64 Chunks or so ... but memory wise this means you need to make sure there is always 250MB available for it to sit in.

When you're running just GalatiCraft, BuildCraft and Universal Electricity realistically it doesn't matter as the default Server setup is 100MB (Expandable to 1GB) and the Minecraft website itself suggests to simply force 1GB as a permanent amount, still with the relatively large list of Mods you have I'd strongly recommend 2-3GB is allocated instead. (The more the better)

-Xmx2048M -Xms2048M -d64 (2GB Available and Pre-Allocated, 64-bit Mode active)
That should be alright, but consider expanding it to 3072 or 4096 if you have the free memory available.

Hopefully that should help ^_^

Douglas_Fresh

Sep 17, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
www.youtube.com
I propose that these Vanilla pages should be deleted/removed: http://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Category:Vanilla, except those that add specific info related to Galacticraft. The articles should preferrably point their links to the official Minecraft wiki when referring to vanilla elements.

Also, should every Galacticraft article have a "category:Galacticraft"?

I have thought the same about both subjects since before I ever started contributing. As far as the "category:Galacticraft" goes, if I or anyone else added a page, a moderator always edited it just to add that so I don't exactly want to step on any toes.

As for the Vanilla pages, I too think that they should just be directed to the Minecraft wiki. I figure most people playing modded MC are probably familiar enough with vanilla that they don't need those pages on the Galacticraft wiki.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Hey! *points to Moon's infobox*

http://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Moon
:>

As for the Vanilla pages, I too think that they should just be directed to the Minecraft wiki. I figure most people playing modded MC are probably familiar enough with vanilla that they don't need those pages on the Galacticraft wiki.
I figured out why those pages are needed. Some articles have recipes with vanilla items, e.g. http://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Single_Solar_Module, if you click on the glass block, it needs to lead you to a page related to the glass block, in this case the glass block article doesn't need to be detailed, just the basic info and a link to the official wiki.

Narcogen

Jan 3, 2014
The entry for the cryo chamber indicates it is a replacement for a vanilla bed, but doesn't say whether or not it resets spawn, so I can't tell if the behavior I'm seeing is a bug or not. In any case, even though I have the preference file set NOT to force respawn on the overworld, I *always* respawn on the overworld after death.

Blaze the Fox

Jan 28, 2014
Would anyone be interested in a vanilla Galacticraft power tutorial? It would be written well enough so it would only require small amounts of grammar editing (my first language is english so I don't speak english very well.. wait what?). I have finally worked out how power works now and it seems that it's the most common complaint when working with Galacticraft. Whenever IC2 is installed it nerfs the power requirements so it's a little confusing to some people with different mods.

I don't know if I can get down to specifics, like you need 1.5 solars per X machine though. I can enlighten people on things like needing an energy storage module per furnace, and a storage module per 3-4 smaller machines. Storing power closer to machines instead of where it's generated, thickness of wires to use ect..

Also, I also have a fully working space station I can use as an example, some people are better at learning with visual aids. Although I am also incredibly ill so it would take awhile to complete if people want it.

Let me know what you's think :3