cant find oil

kosta

Jun 25, 2013
ive tried looking 20 30 blocks down but i cant find anything is the oil near caves or is it just rare i put my house near caves so is that why it doesnt spawn near me

Mihil33

Jun 18, 2013
if you have buildcraft installed the oil from that mod will work and it's easier to find, if you don't have that mod installed, i would recommend it to you. The oil from Galacticraft is rather super hard to find or the oil is not spawning in the world. Hope i helped somehow ;)

kosta

Jun 25, 2013
if you have buildcraft installed the oil from that mod will work and it's easier to find, if you don't have that mod installed, i would recommend it to you. The oil from Galacticraft is rather super hard to find or the oil is not spawning in the world. Hope i helped somehow ;)
i am a noob a mods so can i just get the oil from it or do i have to get the whole mod

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
Personally, I'm happy with my Universal Electricity and its respective mods. Installing additional mods just because of a sole feature isn't without its risk either. It was a really happy the day when I figured out I could actually cut my dependence on Thermal Expansion in favor of Basic Components.

Yes, oil in Galacticraft is about as rare as diamonds. Fortunately the oil generation is adjustable in core.conf. It's known as "Oil Generation Factor". However, that doesn't matter if oil generation is broken.

Once it used to work perfectly fine. It wasn't until it got rewritten in build #315 it broke. Since that point oil stopped generating and any remaining deposits in old worlds would remain as a useless black mess that merely obstructs your vision.

It would be really great if the oil could be restored.

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
Nobody did? Oh well, it's great it got fixed anyway. Next time I will make sure it gets reported. Thanks! ^^

It's just a shame the site for the dev builds is currently down. Although, when it's up again I'm totally gonna try the latest build out.