Can't get Air Lock working in Overworld, AT ALL

orobouros

Mar 9, 2016
I'm not a noob. I have a moonbase and a mars base with functioning airlocks of different sizes.

I decided I wanted a large door in my overworld base and pistons didn't suit.

I'm playing new Tekkit (Minecraft 1.6.4, GC 2.0 or 2.1 or something like that).

I CANNOT get an air lock controller to behave at all on the overworld. At no point will the door close in any shape, any size, or any orientation. It will not close using redstone control, it will not close using player proximity, it will not close in any combination of settings whatsoever.

When you change Air Lock Controller settings, the messages in the GUI are correct (i.e., it switches to "Air Lock Open" when you finish typing in your name for unique player proximity control). The green lights on the controller (but not the frames) are correct right after you leave the GUI... but then change randomly as I watch and move around nearby.

Restarting has not helped. My air locks on the other planets continue to work just fine. There is nothing on the Wiki or the million tutorial videos that explains this, and it is totally inconsistent with air lock behavior up to this point, not just in the same mod pack, but in the same saved game. I am utterly baffled and hugely frustrated. Anyone have any ideas?

orobouros

Mar 9, 2016
Sigh. I finally found the reason(s). Somehow, I was butting up against the max size. The only reference I can find (on a 3rd-party wiki no less, not this site) lists an 8x8 max size (which would be 64 blocks of "door" inside the frame). My 10x3 door only had 30, but apparently 30 blocks is far too much now. 9x3 with 27 door blocks works, 10x3 with 30 does not. No idea why, and no documentation about why. Discouraging. Please add max size information both to the Wiki and, preferably, as a GUI message in the Air Lock controller itself.

My smaller doors failed due to missing corner pieces inconsistently in my raging frustration while setting them up as tests. Smaller doors work fine in the overworld.

Reactions: Ezer'Arch