Cant make items

Oct 19, 2013
Im running 1.6.4 with the correct mod version and I used forge installer. The mod works fine other than the fact that I cant make certain things like steel dust for instance. Ive looked around and I tried reverting back to 1.6.2 with the correct mods and forge installer but Im still having the same problem. Can anyone help me please?

MrUnhandy

Oct 14, 2013
A lot of things have changed since GC2. For instance, you don't make steel dust any more, instead you use two coal and one compressed iron to make compressed steel.

Oct 20, 2013
I have the same problem as well. I can't craft any of the things need for this mod. I can't create compressed iron to create steel. Need help!

Tibarcat

Oct 20, 2013
I've been trying to make compressed iron as well yet cannot seem to make it either. Placing 2 iron ingots one over the other results in nothing, beside each other makes weighted pressure plates, and cannot seem to find any other pattern to make compressed steel. Just attempted to make compressed tin with the same result. Using Forge 9.11.1.934, Galacticraft 1.6.4-2.0.2.814 with MicdoodleCore and planets mods same version, with Minecraft 1.6.4.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2013
So basically we dont make steel by doing the iron and coal thing, are there steel ingots anymore? And is there an updated page where I can find out what the new recipies are without having to use NEI. Also...Is there a way to turn off the ability to get every item when using anything with NEI?

Oct 19, 2013
Okay so I downloaded the things and started playing again. Now I cant craft aluminum wires, is there a super secret way to make them since GC2 or is my stuff just broken?

Oct 19, 2013
Update! So Ive figured it all out and its going great now thank you guys sooo much for the help. Id still be trying to make steel dust if it werent for you all. Now onto my next thing. Im trying to make my minecraft server have galacticraft. How do I do this?

Oct 19, 2013
Update again! So ill just say what I did to accomplish this in case anyone comes across this with the same problem. What I did was this, I moved the current World folder from the minecraft server folder, added a mods folder and added all the mods from my .minecraft mods folder. I moved the minecraftforge-universal jar into my server folder and ran the forge installer for the server instead of client and pointed it towards the server folder. That is how I turned my server into a galacticraft server. Thank you guys for the help!

Deor

Sep 16, 2013
Nope you don't need Mekanism, also not that nice to call everyone on the forum 'fools'...

A lot has changed and I'd recommend using NEI to see the latest recipes, but for most stuff you will need an ingot compressor. 2 x iron ingots (also works for copper/tin/aluminium) next to each other will make 1 compressed iron. Compressed Iron with coal either side will make compressed steel.

You will also need the Circuit Fabricator to make wafers for for the compressor and NASA workbench.

Also check the wiki:

http://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Circuit_Fabricator
http://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Compressor

I did find that a few things wouldn't craft in my AE crafting terminal, so may be worth trying a vanilla crafting table if you have issues.

Aug 31, 2013
Finland
NEI is very useful, excuse my inappropriate behaviour but i even saw someone scream at bug report section: Galacticraft doesn't work wit ic2 electricity. With resonant induction, it replaces the vanilla furnace so some smelting recipes requiring vanilla ones won't work. If you have problems you need to uninstall the mod which may replace vanilla items/blocks/mobs

Tibarcat

Oct 20, 2013
Ok there's the problem. The wiki didn't mention the items were made in a compressor, it just looked like the regular layout for a crafting table. Once I make a compressor it should work. Thanks for the info on the compressor and circuit fabricator.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Nobody has made a compressor template on the wiki yet. Also you can turn on recipe mode in NEI, and it just shows recipes. That's what I use NEI for, and it's super handy.

Aug 31, 2013
Finland
Ya right i would have never gone forward with any of the mods without NEI. Sadly, Nei has severe bug causing items this: Whenever you click item, it wont drag, you need to keep the click on and drag, you can't interact with NEI, you can't Shift drag items, you can't sort them, you can't do bloody anything.

Aug 31, 2013
Finland
It happened mid-stage in my minecraft world. I had not been using any other mods. I guess this is the problem i've seen many times before. ICBM and Mekanism are crated to refuse work with Railcraft or ic2.