Can't see my Oxygen Mask and Tanks

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
At a guess, it's the Damage Indicators mod which is incompatible with Galacticraft. Try taking that out of your /mods folder, see how it goes.

I'm also not too sure about what MachineMuse's Modular Power Suits should look like with Galacticraft these days. MMMPS and Galacticraft are compatible at the basic level - if you have both mods installed, both should still work - but things may not always look right if you try to combine them, for example how can your character wear an MMMPS helmet and a Galacticraft oxygen helmet at the same time? (There is also a rendering glitch with MMMPS on the Moon or other space dimensions - MMMPS does not understand about a character's limbs moving more slowly on the Moon, so the armour animation moves wrong - this is an incompatibility which Galacticraft cannot fix, see https://github.com/micdoodle8/Galacticraft/issues/321)

Last edited:

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Also look at WorldCore, try taking that out.

If it's not either of the two mods I suggested, and you really want to figure this out, I would scientifically take half of your mods out of the /mods folder, see if the issue is fixed, if so then put half of those back in, etc - you should be able to figure out which mod is incompatible with Galacticraft after 5 or 6 restarts of Minecraft ...

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
At a guess, it's the Damage Indicators mod which is incompatible with Galacticraft.

I'm also not too sure about what MachineMuse's Modular Power Suits should look like with Galacticraft these days.
I use MMMPS and DI mods with Galacticraft. No problem on my end.

a9Kfvn6.png

Last edited:
Reactions: MoltonMontro

Flexico

Oct 20, 2013
Are you sure Damage Indicators is incompatible? I've seen Youtube videos where people use both and it works fine.

As for MPS, I don't really care if the rendering is weird 'cause I just make my suit invisible anyway. XD

Looks like I have to do the "take out a bunch of mods and test it" thing ... *sigh* Here goes another day of screwing around.

Flexico

Oct 20, 2013
Aha, found it! Turns out it was the "Better Animations Collection" mod that was doing it. Thankfully, this is one I don't mind doing without. XD Also, disabling that mod got rid of some of the lag I've been dealing with, so I'm actually glad this happened!

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
That's great, happy you found a solution. We can add that one to the (small) collection of mods which don't play nice with Galacticraft.

And thanks, Ezer'Arch, nice screenshot. That's cool that the Galacticraft oxygen mask + gear render underneath the MMMPS power armour, it actually looks very good together - I didn't know we could do that.

PS. How are you powering that Oxygen Sealer with a chair in the spot where the power usually goes?

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
PS. How are you powering that Oxygen Sealer with a chair in the spot where the power usually goes?
I use Batteries. And it's a creatve/test world, then I use /give to give me Infinite Batteries.

EDIT:
That's cool that the Galacticraft oxygen mask + gear render underneath the MMMPS power armour, it actually looks very good together - I didn't know we could do that.
That's why I fell in love with both mods. Both mods go pretty well together, as GC gives more reason to use MPS and whatnot.

This is MPS armor with GC gears in all their glory:

Last edited:

Speaker Rob

Jul 17, 2014
Aha, found it! Turns out it was the "Better Animations Collection" mod that was doing it. Thankfully, this is one I don't mind doing without. XD Also, disabling that mod got rid of some of the lag I've been dealing with, so I'm actually glad this happened!

While it wouldn't help you in the lag department, you can run Better Animations and Galacticraft together just fine (I do). You need to turn off the player animation portion of Better Animations in its config settings:

Code:
Player.Knees=0
Player.Elbows=0

Speaker Rob

Jul 17, 2014
Thanks for the tip. I hope @radfast see this.

No problem, just a simple solution I discovered today while trying to get all these animation mods to work together and play nice. Unfortunately, I'm failing miserably. I've made a suggestion on the Forge forums about including a proper API for player animations, but who knows. Personally, I don't think there will be a lasting solution until that happens.

Last edited:

Flexico

Oct 20, 2013
While it wouldn't help you in the lag department, you can run Better Animations and Galacticraft together just fine (I do). You need to turn off the player animation portion of Better Animations in its config settings:

Code:
Player.Knees=0
Player.Elbows=0
Weird, I tried that, but the mod still replaces the model, so I couldn't see the Galacticraft stuff.

Speaker Rob

Jul 17, 2014
Weird, I tried that, but the mod still replaces the model, so I couldn't see the Galacticraft stuff.

The first two things that come to mind are A) You may have another mod that references the player animation classes which is actually the culprit and B) load order; I have BACR load first so that Galacticraft loads after it

Then again there is C) which is that my solution may not seems as simple as it is and I'm just getting lucky in my particular soup of mods.
Ultimately, once Forge writes in a comprehensive API for handling player animations we can stop debating all this hopefully (if Forge ever does).

Jul 26, 2014
Why does my suit look like this guys? i used the "L" key to change the colors and it did this.

Attachments

• 2014-07-26_17.58.26.png
    2014-07-26_17.58.26.png
    1,004.8 KB · Views: 5