Is this a good idea?

• No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It needs a few changes.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dman1791

Mar 30, 2013
Since a recent Galacticraft update, leaves decay no matter what you do. I suggest making a sort of carbon dioxide generator that supplies plants nearby with carbon dioxide to live. It would require a small amount of oxygen, and since coal is carbon, it could create carbon dioxide from carbon (Coal) and oxygen. This would use up say, 20-30 oxygen and a piece of coal to make enough carbon dioxide to feed a plant for, say, about an hour real time. I am open to suggestions on the time and resources used. This could allow you to make a lasting environment on the moon or other upcoming planets. I was also thinking of a carbon dioxide collector, each player within a certain vicinity would generate about 1 carbon dioxide per second. Multiple collectors would not stack generation so as not to be overpowered. If a collector was placed on Earth, it would automatically absorb carbon dioxide from the air, say 5 CO2 per second. If a Multi-Use tank was used, it could take this carbon dioxide and store it, then you could bring it to a planet and use the carbon dioxide there. Feedback is appreciated.

Reactions: James.I.McNeill

cur25

Mar 13, 2013
This is a great idea! It's much more realistic, and fun this way.

This could be another factor behind planets, so we'll have gravity and atmosphere makeup (if there is an atmosphere at all).
There should be some other ways to get CO2 though, like making animals produce CO2, and letting you 'burn' others things for CO2 like wood.

Zeal

Feb 27, 2013
I like it but maybe make it so that you could also get carbon dioxide generated from having it in air blocks and have it "filter" it out to the air

Dman1791

Mar 30, 2013
I know I can change it in configs... It feels like cheating to me though, and I think that it would add more depth to the mod. As an addition, I think that instead of (Only if this is implemented) "Disable Oxygen Collector Leaf Decay" there would be "Plants Need Carbon Dioxide" true or false.