Cargo Loader/Unloader speed upgrade

QuadShot

Jun 1, 2015
Sun City, AZ
The cargo loader and unloader move 1 time at a time, and I put stacks of supplies so loading or unloading can take a pretty long time. It's 14 slots/stacks at rate of about 1.5-2(rough guess) items per second so about 7 to 9 minutes. I was thinking of either a speed upgrade or stack size upgrade. (ie transfer faster, or move stacks of items per tick.) I'm not sure which would be easier adding an upgrade slot to them or adding a higher tier machine. I also think that if you do the stack upgrade it should be expensive about equivalent to tier 3 machine, and the speed upgrade equivalent to a tier 2 machine. I'm also not sure how it will affect them since (iirc) they are chunk loaders as well.

7eggert

Apr 20, 2018
I've been using other mods with item transfers, e.g. enderio or opencomputers. Stack transactions are expensive, but transfering one item at a time is equally expensive.
I've partially solved this by avoiding transfers: Instead of blindly trying to move m × n items from m slots to n slots, I'm caching the stacks in the target inventory and not doing transfers unless i assume a possible success.

PS: Would using more than one cargo loader help? I found you can place the fuel loader below the launch pad, I'll assume cargo loaders will allow the same.

Last edited:

QuadShot

Jun 1, 2015
Sun City, AZ
I don't think a shotgun approach would really work here(I've run into a problem I haven't nailed down yet, un/loader/s says it has an invalid target at some point and may or may not work). And other mods aren't really the answer since that's basically just removing the block, I can use ender chests and hoppers(pure vanilla solution/work-around) faster than resupply rockets. Maybe I should have used more realistic numbers in my OP. I use the large cargo rocket/s which have 56 slots, and I'm shipping full stacks of ore/items(64) which is closer to about 40 minutes load/unload time, that's about 2 days to load in game time, and 2 days to unload, and a day in travel time, so it takes 4/5 ingame days to move 1 load of cargo... So why do it or have it if I can have all of it processed and moved just using "simple" vanilla mechanics/items in less than 3 ingame days(search super smelter for vanilla(I played lots of vanilla before I discovered modded minecraft)). I also tend to play horde style expansion, ie build out infrastructure, mission plan(auto processing/crafting up and running for anything I might want/need), so I drop in, build base, start quarries, rinse repeat. So I'm waiting for materials to make my next jump/tier, and I am just waiting, so that's my bottleneck in a nutshell. I hope that makes sense.
My ultimate "end goal" is to make a peaceful mod pack (something like Path Finder(my absolute favorite mod pack to date) with as few mods as possible) and based on The Ember Wars. I know, sounds confusing at first unless you've read them and played Path Finder. I'm trying to stay below 30 mods (8/10 are just support they don't add any items) and must be centered around GalactiCraft and I really would like to do without EIO no matter how much I like it. I don't want it to be too grindy("absolutely no smegging" ex nihilo) and stay as close to "open sandbox" with end goals, if that makes sense.