OilLamp44

Sep 21, 2013
NASA
should have make closed circuit tv so we can see what happened on the moon while we are on the earth NASA. Or maybe to use it to look at the earth or the space station,the option is endless. Please add cctv, it will be helpful and useful to me and all other player

OilLamp44

Sep 21, 2013
NASA
Yes i know there already is cctv mod,but none are up to date,and i think it will fit profect for a space mod to have cctv so we can see the moon from earth

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Yes i know there already is cctv mod,but none are up to date,and i think it will fit profect for a space mod to have cctv so we can see the moon from earth

I don't really see how it fits. If the other mods aren't updated, then you should message that mod author about updating it. Also it doesn't mean it won't be updated. There are tons and tons of mods that are in the process of updating, but Mojang isn't making it easy with their constant updated these days. A lot of mods haven't even finished updating to 1.6.2 yet and there's already 1.6.4 out and talk of 1.7. It's ridiculous.

OilLamp44

Sep 21, 2013
NASA
True, but im just saying,like nasa,they have cctv to watch the iss and the surface of moon,so i think it would be cool

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
A lot of mods haven't even finished updating to 1.6.2 yet and there's already 1.6.4 out and talk of 1.7. It's ridiculous.
Old Players:"Bah, Mojang should bring beta 1.7.3 back"
New Players:"Bah, Mojang takes forever to add new stuff"
Modders:"Bah, Mojang keeps updating and breaking mods"
Bugreporters: "Bah, Mojang should rather be fixing long-lasting bugs"

Speaking of being able to see things from other planets (not CCTV though): http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?threads/telescopes-and-astrology-astronomy-is-different.2261/

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Old Players:"Bah, Mojang should bring beta 1.7.3 back"
New Players:"Bah, Mojang takes forever to add new stuff"
Modders:"Bah, Mojang keeps updating and breaking mods"
Bugreporters: "Bah, Mojang should rather be fixing long-lasting bugs"

Speaking of being able to see things from other planets (not CCTV though): http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?threads/telescopes-and-astrology-astronomy-is-different.2261/

I'm sure there's a way Mojang could update while keeping as much of the code as consistent as possible to minimize breaking mods. New players complaining about new stuff have never or refuse to play mods. Kinda funny that they don't realize that a lot of the "new" stuff Mojang adds are ideas taken from mod authors.

Captain Kirk

Aug 26, 2013
I'm sure there's a way Mojang could update while keeping as much of the code as consistent as possible to minimize breaking mods. New players complaining about new stuff have never or refuse to play mods. Kinda funny that they don't realize that a lot of the "new" stuff Mojang adds are ideas taken from mod authors.
Exactly.
The 1.7 update seems like mojang is taking a leaf from extrabiomesXL.

Personally, I find mods are what make minecraft worth playing.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
I'm sure there's a way Mojang could update while keeping as much of the code as consistent as possible to minimize breaking mods.
There is. Some majors softwares like CAD programs, image editors, 3d modelers have an API or in-built IDE that allows you to create addons. The internal functions can change but there are permanent "hooks" you can "connect" your addons to. That's what Forge tries to do, to provide a library of functions that handle the game core.

The thing is, Minecraft started as a one-man work, I believe its architecture wasn't conceived to be expanded or built upon. If you want to create an addon, you need to write a piece of software that override the core functions. That's not like "oh there's a function by which you can access all public variables that handle the character animation and modify it at your wish", no! it's hardcoded, so you need to override existing functions. Minecraft has been rewritten lately to make more features moddable and accessible. While it's not done, mods will be broken.

bart74

Mar 23, 2013
Ender chests, Light detectors, Pistons, and much much more were ideas originally modded into minecraft. Mojang took the idea and made it worse.
totally right,the best example is coloured glass,they took a mod,and made that each semi transparent block is now ugly,good job mojang
another good example is the book and quill,you know,that thing where you can't copy/paste things,underline things without nbtedit it,where you can't jump lines... it was originally a mod,where you was able to copy/paste,writting in color,underline...