Addon Compatibility with Computercraft

Discussion in 'Addons and Resource Packs' started by ElDonad, Feb 6, 2019.

1. ElDonad

ElDonad Member

Hello folks !

I am working since a few weeks on an add-on which provide an interface between the Computercraft's computers and some of the machines of GC (the launch controller, mostly). It was originally intended for personal use and thus it is still very "hand-made" (plus I'm not an experimented modder...), but it is barely working now, and I'm curious to know if some of you are interested in a public release of the mod, or if I'm the only one who likes above all automating everything to the most insignifiant detail ^^.

This may take some time and work for me to clean it, add more functionality and decent textures, and I may need your help at some point, but hey ! This is just a suggestion. How does it sounds to you ?

P.S. : sorry no screenshot, as I my graphic talents are nearly non-existent :(, but you got the idea, didn't you ? I would be glad to answer any question !

2. 4Benj

4Benj Member

Would be very interested! I could help test it before a public release

ElDonad likes this.
  3. ElDonad

ElDonad Member

Thank you for your reply ! I have already added some basic features, and created a public repo on GitHub, with a basic wiki and all the stuff. Now I have to add a recipe for the new block, and figure out how to compile it for a release (because for some mysterious reason I cannot let any compile system run before some painful hours in configuration stuff...)
    I will publish the first release on GitHub as soon at it is done.

The mod is very basic for now and only add a few features, but when I will be able to compile it easily for release, I will add new features.

If you want to, you can post suggestions in this thread and on the GitHub, and relative to my programming skill I will try to implement them.

EDIT: The first alpha release is now available on GitHub ! check it out : https://github.com/ElDonad/CCGalacticraftAddons/releases/tag/0.1a

#3 ElDonad, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019