Completly no gravity on space stations

Danese

Aug 20, 2013
Earth, 2021: 2 seconds out of sync
When I say completely no gravity on space stations, I mean you float around as if you where flying on smart moving mod (see smart moving mod). I personally don't like that mod, but I do like how realistic it'd be. Since you're on a space station, theres absolutely no gravity, so why do you come back down when you jump? In real life if you did that on a station, you wouldn't come back down unless you had a rope.
Another thing, there should be ropes....
Also, you should add artificial gravity generators. And if you where floating when you turn it on, you should fall to the ground and lose some hearts (going from 1/2 to 2 hearts depending how high up you where)
I think this would make stations more realistic, don't you?

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
I actually thought of this quite a bit myself.
I wish you could use the leads from vanilla to attach yourself to things (so you could do stuff like bungee-jumping), and if you could then you could attach yourself to the Space Station (and just use something like Creative's flying to move around.)

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
I'd love to have zero-gravity stations. It's realistic, it's fun too. Moving around by using momentum is cool.

What if Micdoodle turned off the gravity altogether? You'd be stuck stationary, unless you want to say "screw teh physics" you could move by using mindpower. ;)

Minecraft doesn't provide means to push, pull and grab walls; player torso is always straight, you can't grab walls and rotate your body as astronauts do, push walls, go upside down and stuff. Galacticraft doesn't provide means to move around with a jetpack. It would require a bunch of codding to make these stuff possible, unless you use 3rd party mods and APIs that make player physics less cumbersome. I talked about this in another topic: http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?threads/gravity-on-space-stations.1963

Last edited:

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
I'd love to have zero-gravity stations. It's realistic, it's fun too. Moving around by using momentum is cool.

What if Micdoodle turned off the gravity altogether? You'd be stuck stationary, unless you want to say "screw teh physics" you could move by using mindpower. ;)

Minecraft doesn't provide means to push, pull and grab walls; player torso is always straight, you can't grab walls and rotate your body as astronauts do, push walls, go upside down and stuff. Galacticraft doesn't provide means to move around with a jetpack. It would require a bunch of codding, unless you use 3rd party mods and APIs that make player physics less cumbersome. I talked about this in another topic: http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?threads/gravity-on-space-stations.1963
Well, to be fair Steve probably can move using his mind only.
I mean, we're talking about a guy who can create books which contain magical spells, can punch down trees, and can forge diamonds together using his bare hands to create diamond armour.

madrocker360

Jun 24, 2013
I was playing around on my creative mode space station and noticed that your character slowly falls down as if there was little gravity. I think it will be a great addition to remove the space station gravity as it is in real life. Maybe adding a jetpack that the ISS astronauts use for survival mode. I only realized this because in real life space stations, there are hallways that go in every direction, but because of the gravity on the space station, I am unable to make verticle hallways along with the horizontal hallways. Thanks for your time :)

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
This has already been suggested. A common misconception is that there's no gravity on the ISS. This is false. Gravity is everywhere. If the moon is being held by Earth's gravity, and Earth's tides being cause by the moon and the sun's gravity, then I don't see how one can say "There's no gravity on the ISS." If there was no gravity on the ISS, we wouldn't have a moon.

The astronauts only appear to be weightless because they are in a state of constant free fall. That's what an orbit is. An object falling to the Earth with enough forward motion to fall as the Earth's surface/atmosphere curves away. The ISS is falling, but it moving forward fast enough to "miss" the Earth as it falls.

The space station in Minecraft is technically stationary, so (I think) that's why the gravity pulls you down towards the planet.