Confusing stand alone installation

tihmstar

Jul 23, 2013
Hey guys,
i have some problems with this mod.

I want to have a little private server and of course client installation of this mod.
I think with the client i cant do much wrong, downloading all files, put in different directories and click on load basic components.

My Problem is the server, i cant use several thinks like the batteries aren't working, the coal gen and i can't figure out how to craft the electric furnace. (perfectly working when i cheat via creative mode)
I know this is a new mod a you'll need to expand the wiki, etc.
But i think my problem is, that i didn't set up my server correctly (i guess).
Can you please write me a little tut?
I don't want to install other mods on my server than galacticraft.
I guess my problem is the dependencie to basic components, because it wasn't activated by defaul in the config. (something like "autoload basic components")

Can you please make this mod work as standalone by default?
Because no one said i have to install more mods to get this mod working, or i have to enable some settings manually.

I hope you can help me with my server and i hope this feedback will help to make the mod even more awesome, than it is already.
btw im using Build 531 (i think, can't check, because ci.micdoodle8.com is down)

tihmstar :)

tihmstar

Jul 23, 2013
I installed my server this way, but i had a lot of problems, for example batteries don't charge (don't charge in singleplayer too), i couldn't find oil (has it spawned correctly?), i couldn't craft oxygenmasks and ores didn't spawn until i edited the config file. did i set up everything correctly and these are just galacticraft bugs?

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Hard to tell if you don't give us any information. Version numbers, and forgmod-loader logs. What did you edit in the config? If you want me to guess however .... Yes you did it wrong.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Hmm. Yeah you're using good versions. I'd move up to 548, because that's his latest Stable release. That's the correct line for loading basic components. When you load up server it's doesn't ask about basic components.

tihmstar

Jul 23, 2013
i have no gui on my server, and no it doesn't ask me anything. i just tried 548 on my mac in singleplayer and batteries still not working, i cant charge them. I tried battery box and i tried to charge using solar panel. i didn't searched for oil, so i guess the batteries are my only problem. Is it just me or is it a known bug with the batteries not working? because it didn't worked on my windows machine either

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Yes batteries aren't being charged by the battery box, or the solar panels, and the battery box isn't distributing power. Report as bug.

tihmstar

Jul 23, 2013
one more question, how do i craft electric furnaces? i can chest them via creative mode, but i couldn't find a working crafting recipe
EDIT: i set the oil spawn value from 1.8 to 16.8 and searched for oil (new created world) but i couldn't find any :( how can i cheat the oil-source-block to see how it looks like when it spawn correctly and what it looks like when i pick it up with my oil extractor?