Cosmic Completion: A possible roadmap and my own ideas

Feb 1, 2014
Hello, everyone! I'm Dragonchampion. Unsure if you all know me or not; but that is pointless. Here I am with some suggestions... Nope! You thought this was going to be a tiny little suggestion post, didn't you? Well, that isn't true. I have plenty of ideas, and since we don't want me spamming the suggestion forums, I'll put them all in one single post!

Table of Contents (Ordered from Tier 4+)

1. Asteroids
  2. Venus
  3. Mercury
  4. Jupiter
  5. Io
  6. Europa
  7. Saturn
  8. Uranus
  9. Neptune
  10. Pluto
  11. Eris
  12. Space Stations
  13. New Items

Chapter 1: Asteroids

As they are right now, Asteroids are incredibly difficult to navigate, and really find anything! However, some things I noticed was the inclusion of different colored asteroids, namely ice and normal stone. So why not go one step further, and make several different colored asteroids to color code things for the player? Finally, this would also aid the player in finding ore-asteroids, and not waste their time with other asteroids.

As the dungeon here, I suggest a single huge gold-colored asteroid that contains a lone room. No mob spawners, no smaller chests... just a boss fight.

BOSS: Asteroid-Eater
An Asteroid-Eater would be an enhanced zombie, able to summon other zombies to aid it. It would also have the ability to pick up a zombie and attempt to eat it; if the player does not kill the zombie in time it will heal a little health. After dealing enough damage, the Asteroid Eater's head would pop off and become its own entity; they body following the player as the head shoots arrows. Finally, after this boss is dead, the schematic required to get to Venus would appear: the Exo-Suit.

Chapter 2: Venus

Venus is, as everyone knows, considered to be Earth's "Sister" planet. It is the logical step from the asteroid belt, and I believe it would be an excellent place to continue the current plans. Venus is a dangerous place; its average temperature is almost 900 degrees Fahrenheit! Now, everyone expects you to have to find a fourth tier rocket to get to Venus. but no! I suggest that the tier 3 rocket be the final type of rocket, and instead use interesting mechanics to cause the player to have to go through the tiers. Not only would this make the game fun, but it would also, like the acclaimed Super Metroid, allow a player that uses tricks and plays wisely to even possibly skip some planets! The "Tier Key" for Venus would be the exo-Suit, schematics would on the asteroid, but different pieces o the Exo-Suit would be found on different planets.

Venus would be a place that would be difficult to survive on the ground; and it would also have plenty of volcanoes. Lava would dot the surface of the planet, and as another hazard, when it rains on Venus, it rains /acid/ and thus will cause damage to the player and any armor they are wearing.

Finally, the dungeon could be found as any planetary dungeon, and would contain a normal dungeon run but with added lava traps. Perhaps there could even be some piston traps that would drop the player into lava? Anyways, the unique "metal" that Venus would offer would be called Sulfium, named after Sulfur, one of the primary constituents of Venus' core. Sulfium would be required to create the next module for the Exo-Suit, the Cloudwalker attachment. It would also be able to be used to make even better solar panels!

BOSS: Mega-Blaze
The Bega-Blaze would be the boss for Venus, and it would be a doozy. The Mega-Blaze would have the ability to fire fireballs that would last twice as long as blaze fireballs, and it would also have the ability to blast an explosion of fire if the player gets too close. It would be a simple boss fight compared to the Asteroid-Eater, but it would still be difficult! After defeating this boss, the next part of the Exosuit would be given: The Cloudwalker attachment. This attachment would allow the player to walk on clouds.

Chapter 3: Mercury

Mercury would be more of a challenge planet than a true tier in the solar system. Mercoruy would burn any creature in the sunlight, including the player, but solar panels would work at a massive x10 efficiency! At night, the world would be so cold that the player would need thermal padding to survive.

Mercury would also have three layers; a thin layer of turf, followed by rock, and finally the core, which would be liquid iron. This layer of liquid iron would be equal iron and stone, before going to bedrock.

Chapter 4: Jupiter

Jupiter would be a fun planet, and it would be extremely unique. The concept would be similar to the city of Cloud City from Star Wars. there would be several layers of thick gaslike surface; this surface would not allow the player to walk on it unless they're wearing the Cloudwalker attachment! After the layer of gas, it would be a layer of pure air which would mark the "surface" of Jupiter. Finally, once you get about 30-40 from 0, you would hit Liquid Hydrogen! This Liquid Hydrogen could be pumped and refined, allowing for a near inexhaustible supply of pure hydrogen.

However, Jupiter otherwise would be a utility planet; the next "Tier" would be its moon: Io.

Chapter 5: Io

Io would be COVERED in volcanoes, and a natural phenomena would occur at times called "Explosive Volcanism". It would be similar to the meteor strikes on the moon, but without meteors; anywhere that was hit would explode violently, lava blocks being placed randomly in the circle. This would make travel on the surface dangerous, and of course, digging too deep would be dangerous as well thanks to lava being prevalent, about the same rate that water is on Earth.

Io would have a dungeon similar to other planetary dungeons, but this dungeon would be a bit different. It would be totally infested with creepers, which love the explosive moon!

The unique metal found here would be called "Gish". Gish would be required for the next tier of the Exosuit, the Rebreather.

BOSS: IoCreep
The IoCreep would be a relation to Mars' three headed creeper boss. However, instead of shooting TNT, this creeper would be able to spit lava! The lava would spread a few squares and then disappear, but the danger would still be there. The creeper would be bright red, similar to Natura's Nitro Creeper, and it would remain in one place. If the player got too close it would release lava from its very pores, surrounding it temporarily with it. Upon defeating this boss, the next part of the Exo-Suit will be available: the Rebreather.

Chapter 6: Europa

The next Tier would be the moon of Europa. Europa would be a 40-50 block surface of ice and icy stone, with everything beneath it being water. Thus, Europa would have little ores; but the major new ore would be Magnetic Ice, needed for the next item, the MagnaBoots.

This dungeon would be quite difficult. Not for its mobs; no, there wouldn't be any mobs at all! Instead, you'd have to wear your oxygen gear and go underwater. Swimming through the dungeon, you would explore the maze (Water Temple, anyone?) and finally come to the boss room.

BOSS: Mesonycho
named for the scientific name of the Giant Squid, the Mesonycho would be just that... a huge squid! It would attempt to pick up the player and throw them into coral spikes around the boss room. It would be a rather simple boss fight, attacking and dodging as its defeat would give the player the next item: the MagnaBoots, which will be needed for the next planet.

Feb 1, 2014
Chapter 7: Saturn

Saturn would be inaccessible, instead the player landing on the rings. The rings would be similar to the Asteroid Dimension, only the asteroids would be MUCH closer together and would mostly be made of ice. Saturn's asteroids, however, would have liquid cores of random metal from Tinker's Construct if it's installed. Otherwise, it'd be a second Asteroid dimension, and have random metal in the cores.

However, the rings wouldn't be an easy grab; they would have an incredibly weak gravity and if the player isn't wearing the Magnetic Boots, a single jump would easily send them flying a good fifty blocks high, and possibly to their doom, if they miss the landing!

And then there's the matter of monsters. Saturn would be where the "Evolved" creatures would begin to disappear. Instead, we would have "Ascended" creatures. Ascended Skeletons would fire a laser cannon similar to the predator's plasma caster that ignored armor. Ascended Zombies would split into three baby Zombies upon death. Ascended Spiders would cause Slowness and Poison on a single bite, and Ascended Creepers would give radiation poisoning on detonation.

These Ascended monsters would be the main reason that Saturn would be dangerous, as Saturn would be permanently shrouded in night to discourage early access.

Chapter 8: Uranus

Uranus would be the next Tier for the player. Being an ice planet, it would be covered in ice and stone, and mostly featureless. Lakes of Methane and Ammonia would be found here, methane being useable already, and Ammonia having no use but as a dangerous fluid that would poison, slow, and also damage the player.

Uranus' gravity would be very small, and MagnaBoots would be required or else the player would find thimselves leaping high into the air. Like Saturn, Uranus would feature Ascended monsters, and its dungeon would be a simple mob run between several spawners for the Ascended monsters. It would have no boss. On completion of the dungeon the player would find the schematics for the Enhanced Helmet, which would have a greenish, enderlike tint.

The unique metal for Uranus is Endrocarbon, and it would be needed to unlock the final tier item, the Enhanced Helmet.

Chapter 9: Neptune

Neptune would be similar to Jupiter, and have the same type of surface, with the cloudlike surface and the core of liquid. The core this time would be liquid methane, and allow the refinement of fuel almost permanently.

Neptune would have no dungeon and no unique Ores; it would merely be a utility planet where the player could harvest Methane and build a second floating city.

Chapter 10: Pluto

Pluto would be a "recap" planet of sorts, having all of the rare ores all in one location, allowing the player to spend time gathering anything they need before the grand finale. To discourage early access, Pluto would be incredibly cold; cold enough to permanently place a "Slowness II" debuff on the player, even with the Exosuit.

Pluto would also be in permanent night, and solar panels here would be incredibly worthless, ebing only a tenth of their normal usage. Monsters would still spawn here, and because of the permanent Slowness II debuff, this means the player will have an extremely dangerous time!

Chapter 11: Eris

The grand finale, the most dangerous planet and the final boss of Galacticraft. Eris would be similar to the End as a dimension; the boss would spawn in as soon as the player arrived, and attempt to attack them. They would be in one place like the Twilight Forest Hydra, but be able to shoot fireballs, ender bursts, and more, mentioned below.

BOSS: EnderGod

The EnderGod would be a giant Enderman who can onehit players in normal armor. He would be able to throw entire meteors at the player, as well as fire fireballs and an enderpearl-like blast that would damage the player (and instakill them) through armor unless they have the Enhanced Helmet. causing them to have to run and attack. The entire boss right would have a definite "Shadow of the Colossus" feel to it, a player having to survive against a massive enemy, whittling down their health.

Finally, after the boss is slain, the chest that would drop from his remains would give the player near-creative powers. Flight, instant block destruction, and immunity from most debuffs. It would also protect the player from lava and fire. Each of these options could be disabled in the config file; but I imagine that the item would be equivalent to the Gravichestplate from Gravitation Suite or the NanoSuit from the old IC2. It would be definitive endgame.

Chapter 12: Space Stations

Space Stations as they are now are very basic. They are totally awesome, but basic. A simple thing to do would be allow the player to build stations over each planet; and once they gather some of the unique materials from that planet they would be able to build a special machine that would give them a near-permanent buff, or give something that makes their lives easier.

These items would only work on space stations, and would require extensive amounts of energy to power them. One idea is that stations would require a "station core" in order to use these buff items, and the station core would be a holographic interface sort of item, similar to the Modular Power Suit table.

Chapter 13: New Items

And here we are at the final chapter. The end of my suggestions. This chapter will contain a list of all of the items that I have suggested, as well as some machines and technology that would make the game even better.

God Transceiver: The endgame item of the mod. Would replace the chest slot of the player and would give Flight, instant block destruction, and immunity from most debuffs. It would also protect the player from lava and fire. Each of these options could be disabled in the config file.

MagnaBoots: These boots would allow the player to walk as if they were on the moon on the low-gravity planets such as Eris, Pluto, and similar planets.

ReBreather: This attachment would allow the oxygen suit to be used underwater. Also, as long asthey are underwater the oxygen meter doesn't go down.

ExoSuit: This enhanced suit would allow the player to walk over 1-block high blocks without jumping, and it would also protect against the intense heat of Mercury and the intense cold of the distant planets. Without the ExoSuit, the player would take 1 heart of damage every three seconds, configurable in the config file.

Cloudwalkers: Allows the player to walk on the surface of gas giants, and also allows them to walk on the surface of normal water, similar to the lily pad attachment for boots in Tinker's Construct.

Enhanced Helmet: This enderlike helmet would prevent the player from getting instakilled by the EnderGod. It would also reduce oxygen consumption by 50%.

Massive Oxygen Tank: Where the Large Oxygen tank holds 2700 Oxygen, this massive tank would hold a whopping 6000! Also, this tank would be able to be placed in the world, similar to the Mekanism gas tank.

Crystal Fuel Core: A generator that would use fuel to create power at a similar rate as the combusion engine, if not a bit better. If Methane is added in and supplied, the fuel becomes Crystal Fuel and the generator becomes 25% better.

Plasma Launcher: A shoulder mounted gun that fires at anything you aim the viewfinder at. Pressing a specific hotkey would fire it at the cursor. Meant to be a predator-style shoulder mounted weapon.

Node Charger: An interactive with Thaumcraft 4, this powerful machine would consume vis from a node and give power from it. It would be able to give quite a bit of power, and would draw at the same rate that the node naturally regenerates.

Space Station Core: Made to be the center of a Space Station, this expensive device is a huge multiblock holographic table that shows a picture of the planet that the station is orbiting. If the player uses a Launch Controller and connects it to the Core, it'd also show a red dot to indicate where the landing position is.

MagnaLock: A magnetic airlock that serves as a forcefield that the player can walk through without losing air. The MagnaLock would be an upgrade of the Air Lock, and require a constant source of power. It'd essentially be a force field door that allows in entities but counts as a seal for oxygen purposes. a MagnaLock would require Magnetic Ice to be made.

Plasma Energy Core: A large multiblock structure, the Plasma Energy Core would be 3x3x5, and every few seconds a burst of energy, brilliance depending on how much energy is in it, would glow. the Plasma Energy Core would be a type of fission generator; requiring some power input before it would be self sustaining. Essentially, it would be a lategame power generator. It would require Gish to create, and it would run on Liquid Hydrogen. (Jupiter is made of Liquid Hydrogen remember!)

Magnetic Energy Transfer system (MET): The MET would be a lategame method of power trasferrance. More advanced than the laser transferring system, the MET would be similar to a tesseract from Thermal Expansion or an Enderchest for energy. It would require Magnetic Ice to create.

Sulfium: Needed for the Cloudwalker enhancement, Sulfium would be an orange colored metal. It would also be used in creation of the Massive Oxygen Tank.

Gish: Needed for the Rebreather, Gish would be a silvery metal, and could be used as a uranium equivalent thanks to its radioactivity. Gish is also needed for the Plasma Energy Core.

Magnetic Ice: This ore would look like ice, except it would have sparkles on it. Used for the MagnaBoots, it would also be able to be used for the Magnetic Energy Transfer system, or MET and the MagnaLock.

Endrocarbon: Endrocarbon would be the final tier of metal, and used for the Enhanced Helmet. It would also be needed for any other final endgame machines.

Feb 1, 2014
Station Enhancer: Depending on the type of special metal used, this enhancer would do things such as regenerate the player's tanks of oxygen, regenerate the player's hearts or hunger, or even bestow 5-minute potion buffs!

And there it is. All of my ideas... for now. I hope they're useful for Radfast and Micdoodle! I'm sorry I can't volunteer my time... I'm no programmer so I'd probably be worthless in a mod setting. Hah!

Last edited:

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
That's a lot of ideas! But your presentation is very logical, you obviously put a lot of thought and time into this.

Some of these things chime with my own ideas for what will come.

What we really need, here, though, is a programmer ... or three ...

Feb 1, 2014
Haha, well even if I sat down and learned, A newbie programmer wouldn't really help. I'd love to break through into the modding scene and help with this mod (It's one of my absolute favorites) but as stated before I would need to learn programming. xP

And thanks for the compliment. I sat down and I planned out how I as a player would love to see the game go towards, and what unique things would make the mod something I would use over and over again.

waterside

Nov 30, 2014
i was reading this and AMAZING btw
well... you said that the tier 3 rocket would be last but i thought it would be the last... but for that solar system maybe when you defeat the eris's boss (or maybe somewhere in pluto you will get a tier 4 that will allow travel to a different solar system or multiple solar systems... but they wont be as big or difficult (a sun followed by 3 0r 4 planets with moons and space stations
probably very hard to code but as you said for your idea they will possibly have very special coders.:)

waterside

Nov 30, 2014
it could drop a piece of a stargate and you have to travel to other solar systems to get the other pieces to go to another galaxy...

Feb 1, 2014
Nah, perhaps the stargate itself would drop from the EnderGod and like in the show it'd allow you to visit different systems, and unlock other stargate codes by beating the bosses...

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
Wow long list. Must have taken forever to write all that up. I'm in the same boat. I'd love to help out with this mod (or create some of my own), but would have to completely learn Java coding from the start. :(

Zachecho

Dec 2, 2013
Incredible work, i love these ideas, i wish i could program in Java to make this sadly i only know Python and some other languages, i might pick up java and try to give these a shot but hopefully mitch can make some of these true :D