Cryogenic Sleep

Andrej Lotski

Jul 10, 2013
Since the night on the moon is 13 days, I was thinking you add a cryo-chamber mod that lets you use an energy crystal and let you sleep for those 13 days.. I know a guy that has a mod like this but it is for 1.5.2. He made just for this mod and will gladly help intergrate it to galacticraft. A streamer named Giantwaffle on Twitch is streaming your mod and is constantly on the moon and the guy got the idea from there and he helped a lot of people. Here is his mod https://github.com/Renari/Cryochamber

Reactions: Ezer'Arch

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Since the night on the moon is 13 days
It's something I'd like to see changed. The Moon completes its cycle in 8 days in Overworld, but if you travel to the Moon, it's 28 days (13 is the nighttime). You can see all 8 Moon phases in 8 days in Overworld.

http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.p...e-should-match-moon-phases-in-overworld.1384/

Or beds that understand the day night cycle of the planet they are on.
Just a thought: Beds could used to skip a period of time equivalent to an Overworld night (10 minutes), not the nighttime of the planet where the player is on, since the player came from the Overworld. Say, his body is used to the normal day-night cycle from the Overworld.

If the player wants to skip a longer time, a special bed or a chamber should used. Here the cryogenic sleep takes place.

EDIT:

Great! The latest IC2 is for MC 1.4.2.

Andrej Lotski

Jul 10, 2013
That's why cryogenic sleep makes sense, the player is frozen for 13 days on the moon and when you wake up, that's when the effects take place (effects from minecraft like hungerness, regeneration).. So when you wake up the player gets nausea, hungerness, blindness.. Makes sense like in the real world, cause like Ezer'Arch said, bodies are used to the overworlds day/night cycle, if you want to skip a longer time, something like this would go along.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Where do I put this mod at? In the core, or just mods?
In the mods folder with the core. Also, this is the wrong spot to be asking for help. There are also dozens of help videos on Youtube that show you how to install mods, some very specific for showing people how to install GalactiCraft.