Custom Spaceships

Do you like the idea?

• Total voters

Triumph

Mar 6, 2013
Custom Spaceships
Why not instead of adding 1 or 2 space ship classes why not ask say the zeppelin mod creator if you can borrow some code and make thrusters and a welding tool

parts and code systems needed:​
  • welding tool: a tool that allows you to weld metal blocks together
  • camera block: a weldable block that video tapes images and displays them on a computer block
  • computer block: a weldable block that can display images from a camera and also output redstone signals, the GUI would be very complicated but i think with a bit of work you could do it
  • thrusters: a weldable block that when a redstone input is applied and it has fuel it will push any block welded to it in that direction, would be used for controls and forward movement
  • fin: a block that stabilizes flying objects when in atmosphere
Well that's it, if your one of the mod developers and you want details or like it please comment.

Justinjah91

Mar 3, 2013
Would these features be only for atmospheric travel? I don't see how the camera would be applicable for interplanetary travel

Justinjah91

Mar 3, 2013
Custom in what way? As in you build them like the OP suggests or more like picking the color schemes or panel displays inside the ship?

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
Well, not to completely shut down the idea, but the thrusters and fins are fairly useless since the Rocket can already steer. The Camera block wouldn't work fully because there's no mid-point during spaceflight, it's straight from Earth to the other planets, plus you have F2. The only true performance-related thing I could see that would affect the construction of the Rocket would be adding a second engine to gain altitude faster.

chris

Mar 1, 2013
i think i understand why everyone wants a slew of different ships. i myself cant stand getting lost in a ship. seeing how we are going to fly in space. i been in a few bigger class ships. took me 45 minits to get from the engine room to sick bay on 2 lvls above and ended up back where i started an hour later. LOL. i know why i get lost. reason is is i personaly dont love "that ship" i mean in general. if you dont love the ship, you wont enjoy the journy. i know their are some trek guys out there that know every weld every bolt on that ship. but its a personal thing. ever bought the first car you ever looked at? lol

Nexonoid

Feb 21, 2013
this will be hard because the zeppelin mod hasnt being updated since 1.2.5, and port mods from older than 1.3 to now, will take like a year, specially the zeppelin mod (the entities changed on 1.3, so he will have to recreate the entire mod)

flashman111

Feb 12, 2013
Since client and server merged in 1.3, lots of mods had to be completely re-coded due to the major changes in Vanilla Minecraft code

Mar 27, 2013
Custom Spaceships
Why not instead of adding 1 or 2 space ship classes why not ask say the zeppelin mod creator if you can borrow some code and make thrusters and a welding tool
parts and code systems needed:​
  • welding tool: a tool that allows you to weld metal blocks together
  • camera block: a weldable block that video tapes images and displays them on a computer block
  • computer block: a weldable block that can display images from a camera and also output redstone signals, the GUI would be very complicated but i think with a bit of work you could do it
  • thrusters: a weldable block that when a redstone input is applied and it has fuel it will push any block welded to it in that direction, would be used for controls and forward movement
  • fin: a block that stabilizes flying objects when in atmosphere
Well that's it, if your one of the mod developers and you want details or like it please comment.

I just think that it looks a bit like Garry's Mod :D

IlikeTrains

Mar 10, 2013
I like the idea too, i think that the regular rockets are just too boring, i wanted to make a ship based of star wars, metroid prime 3, and my own designs. Oh yeah, recently i requested for aliens to sometimes be seen flying in thier own spaceships, especially for space stations in orbit of a non-earth planet :D

IlikeTrains

Mar 10, 2013
Well, not to completely shut down the idea, but the thrusters and fins are fairly useless since the Rocket can already steer. The Camera block wouldn't work fully because there's no mid-point during spaceflight, it's straight from Earth to the other planets, plus you have F2. The only true performance-related thing I could see that would affect the construction of the Rocket would be adding a second engine to gain altitude faster.

We've forgotten the crackers gromit! lol. Did you post that here because of the yogscast?

megacreeper

Apr 4, 2015
custom spaceships sould have that stuff but they sould also need a tier # engine, controller, cant be over a wight limit depending on rockets and tier engine, fuel tank.

and then for add on's they sould have exploration pods, excape pods, tv, gravity, lazor guns, cameras, and telescope.

Agentx49

Dec 31, 2016
i thought it might be cool if we could add rocket ids to the config so like mcheli rockets Archimedes ships rockets and so on and so fourth

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
This *might* be actually possible. The guy who picked up the abandoned Archimedes' Ships mod made a library (MovingWorld) to do stuff like this. Although I think it would be better if someone made a mod which uses MovingWorld to do that, instead of putting it into GC directly. Also, I'm not sure inhowfar MW actually works for 1.7, that guy's fork of Archimedes' Ships for 1.7 was quite buggy...

edit:
All we need now is some creepers with a derp face :p
You could try this:
creeper3.png

Reactions: Ezer'Arch