Customizable Rocket -->Sugestions<--

Danese

Aug 20, 2013
Earth, 2021: 2 seconds out of sync
Before I begin, I just want to say I am aware that Micdoodle8 already has customizable space ships in the works. These are just ideas for that idea :)

The idea for customizable space ships has been in the works for a long time now. This post is for suggestions about what you could do to make the space ship. (people who make addons for Galacticraft are welcomed to use this idea in their addon :) ).​

-Blocks to add-

Placeable Tier 1 Rocket Engine:
Place this block on your space station to be able to go to places a tier 1 rocket would normally take you.

Placeable Tier 2 Rocket Engine:
Place this block on your space station to be able to go to places a tier 2 rocket would normally take you.

Placeable Tier 3 Rocket Engine:
Place this block on your space station to be able to go to places a tier 2 rocket would normally take you (add for Galacticraft 3).

Warp Drive:
This block is the main block to be able to go to dimensions beyond the Moon.

Space Ship Control Block:
This block will allow you to select which dimension to go to (only the moon will appear if you have a placeable tier 1 rocket engine or if you don't have a warp drive attached to your ship).

-How To Create-
1) Create a space station and build the station how ever you would like the rocket to look.
2) place down at least 2 of the tier 1, tier 2, or tier 3 rocket engine blocks.
3) if you want to go beyond the moon, place down a Warp Drive. otherwise, you wont be able to select any other dimension exept the Moon.
4) select the dimension you would like to travel to.
5) BAM, you're there.

-Other-

I think that your space ship should teleport you to the dimension's surface, and spawn you with an item or a block that will teleport you back up to the ship whenever you'd like to use it. If you make it so you spawn with a block, then you should be able to place it somewhere on the surface, and when you want to come back to the dimension, it'd teleport you to the block you placed. This'd be perfect for making colonies on planets and moons if you want an easy way to go back and forth from dimension to your space ship .

Also, I think that you'd need to find a schematic on the planets to be able to build the rocket engine's selected tier. Basically meaning, in order to get to Mars, you'd need to find either a tier 2 rocket schematic or a tier 2 placeable rocket schematic. And, of course, you'd need to make a regular rocket to be able to make the space station's dimension to build your rocket. The reason I'm saying that you need to make the customized space ship in the space station dimension is because, in S.Y.F.Y movies, the giant space ships are usually built in space because of their size. This idea has nothing to do with reality. The reason I posted this is because I think this would be a really fun feature to, 1 day, see in galacticraft :)

Please Consider this idea
-Daniel_Loves_Galacticraft
(Dany)

Last edited:
Reactions: AcapitalA

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
This is what we need in the next update.

It would be nice if we still could assemble the rockets in the way we do now, and your mentioned idea.