Daniel's ideas

Mar 9, 2013
All of our planets and moons in the solar system should be as realistic as possible, but having randomly generated extra-solar planets would really give this mod an "exploration" feel to it. Along with this, (and I know the coding would be hard, its just an idea), it would be nice to actually fly the rocket around to the planets rather than just using a menu.

1.) Take off and rocket journey:

- You fly up the same way you normally do
- When you reach space, you are transported to the "space" dimension ( This foxes the issue of Earth actually having to be a cube or sphere, and lets it stay flat)
- Earth appears as a block behind you (as it looks from the moon)
- You now have to navigate to the planet or moon of your choice (Possible "space" map?)
- Rocket might be larger, and with more windows for easy navigation
- Journeys will take some time, however will give more of a sense of accomplishment when completed
- More fuel for farther away planets

2.) Removing or making more realistic moon villages

The idea is alright, but I think the concept should be revised. Eg. wheat growing with no oxygen

3.) Ability to create you own space shuttle

Ok, this is a FAR in the future concept, but it would be amazing if you could create your own rocket and/or space shuttle sort of like the Zeppelin mod.

4.) More stuff with "terraforming"

Basically more seamless terraforming of planets. I'm thinking like rather than having an oxygen distributer, trees automatically emit oxygen. You would go around with like a "gas detector", and read to see if the oxygen levels are high enough. As more trees are planted, the sky becomes bluer and possible clouds could develop. To make terraforming easier, there could be a way to develop "nano-bots" to deploy and seed the planets with trees, plants and water. Also, as terraforming progresses, the planets appearance from space changes as well.

I might add some more ideas later. I also want to say this this mod is AMAZING, and that these are just ideas for the future to make it even better.

Cheers

aisthecoolest

Mar 9, 2013
Not just the nano bots and sky but after planting so many trees and so much water the ground could change colour or you could bring in grass. Also new loaded chunks could also automatically have trees and water after so far into terraforming.

PureTryOut

Mar 5, 2013
I mostly like the first idea. This is actually a good way to have the space dimension implemented, and also have a more realistic journey to the planets.
Although I do not know how it is possible to implement different distances for different planets/moons...