does Galacticraft work with minecraft version 1.7.2

Ulv77

Oct 29, 2013
Norway
I only recently discovered minecraft and modding the game is new to me. I hope someone can help me out.

1. Does galacticraft work with minecraft version 1.7.2? And if it dosen't have do I get an older version of the game?

2. When the game is moded with galacticraft can I still play worlds I already have created in a "clean" minecraft version?

Please help this noob out :p

Donzaffi

Sep 28, 2013
In a Kingdom far far away
I only recently discovered minecraft and modding the game is new to me. I hope someone can help me out.

1. Does galacticraft work with minecraft version 1.7.2? And if it dosen't have do I get an older version of the game?

2. When the game is moded with galacticraft can I still play worlds I already have created in a "clean" minecraft version?

Please help this noob out :p
No, Forge net to update too and coding is a lot of work because mojang changed the code heavy ( world generation)
You still can play your old worls but the old chunks don't have the resources you need to craft an rocket, so you have to visit new chunks

Ulv77

Oct 29, 2013
Norway
Ok. Thanks. Is it possible for me to get back to vesion 1.6.4 or 1.6.2 when my minecraft game already have updated to 1.7.2 or do I just have to wait until forge and micdoodle8 upgrade galacticraft before i can enjoy this mod?

Finnishguy101

Oct 22, 2013
Lahti, Finland
Ok. Thanks. Is it possible for me to get back to vesion 1.6.4 or 1.6.2 when my minecraft game already have updated to 1.7.2 or do I just have to wait until forge and micdoodle8 upgrade galacticraft before i can enjoy this mod?
You can change the game version under Launcher -> Edit Profile -> Use Version.

Reactions: Ulv77

Ulv77

Oct 29, 2013
Norway
You can change the game version under Launcher -> Edit Profile -> Use Version.
Thank you :)

I still have two more noob questions. After reading a lot of install guides I think I'll be able to install the galacticraft, but:

1: how do I save my worlds on a safe location before I start messing with installing the mods. Incase I crash the game.
2: after the mod is installed and running. Is it possible to turn it on and off if I want to enjoy the original minecraft game again?

Finnishguy101

Oct 22, 2013
Lahti, Finland
Thank you :)

I still have two more noob questions. After reading a lot of install guides I think I'll be able to install the galacticraft, but:

1: how do I save my worlds on a safe location before I start messing with installing the mods. Incase I crash the game.
2: after the mod is installed and running. Is it possible to turn it on and off if I want to enjoy the original minecraft game again?
1: Your saves are pretty much safe, unless you get a bluescreen while playing that save.
2: You're able to create other profiles, so just install the versions you like and name the profiles as such, for example, you select release 1.6.4, and rename the profile non-modded, you create another profile with 1.6.4 aswell, and call that modded, that way you're going to be able to jump from modded to non-modded and enjoy the original. The answer for your question; No, you cannot turn it on and off, you'll just have to jump from profile to profile.
That's pretty messy description, but hope you understood it :).

Reactions: Ulv77

Ulv77

Oct 29, 2013
Norway
Thank you guys for helping a noob out. I now managed to sucsessfully mod galacticraft and crossbow 2 into my 1.6.4 game. So now I'm reaching for the stars with the crossbow form hell by my side :D