Dune's AMPLIFIED Challenge!

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
The year is 1845, you have set out alone to explore the vast wilderness in hopes of becoming one of the world's most renowned explorers, but in order to do this you must achieve something no man before you has managed to accomplish! You must conquer the unconquerable!

RULES
1. You must play on an AMPLIFIED world.
2. You must play with gamerule:naturalRegeneration false
3. You may only use Leather armour and stone tools.
4. A "mountain" counts as any hill which goes above layer 100 and contains at least one vertical segment.
5. For every mountain scaled, a torch must be placed at the summit (and a picture must be taken)
6. Difficulty is on normal.
7. Only wooden planks may be used as scaffolding.
8. Pillaring and Tunneling are prohibited, you must climb the mountain on the outside.
9. Death is "final", in your submission you must also put what killed you (running out of time counts).
10. You have 1 hour to rack up as many summits as possible.

SCORING
Mountains are 1 point.
a normal mountain, nothing special
2013-09-08_12.17.50.png

Spires are 3 points.
mountains with extended summits, typically vertical summits
2013-09-08_12.14.42.png

Notch Towers are 5 points

spires with numerous layers and overhangs and a normal summit
2013-09-08_12.34.43.png

Floating Isles are 4 points

self-explanatory
20110824174422.png

For every summit you climb, you must provide a picture of you on the summit of the mountain (with a view of the mountainside also). This is for fun, if you win you don't really get anything but a congrats and bragging rights.
(my submission is coming later)

Last edited:

Dinammar

Aug 31, 2013
London, United Kingdom
Sounds like a good challenge! Gonna try it after i figure out the mod combination that crashes my minecraft
So the adventure started...
I just started the adventure-and i spawned near a huge mountain! I climbed up on a decent hill, to start my adventure on the "Huge Mountain"
3XjNJr1.png

I knew i was going to die in any way, but i continiued for the lols. Found some daisys while i was climbing up the huge mountain.
JZsVFdW.png

*I'm slightly damaged from falling-i havn't played survival in a long long long long long time"
I should get some wood soon so i can make a house, while im at it. I continiued clibing the mountain.
At the top, i was suprised! There was a oak wood forest! I took some wood and climbed on a tree.
Note: This picture is from top of the Huge mountain!
sF2fWt4.png

So i decided that i should save the game and continiue tommorow.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The adventure started awesomly! I haven't died yet, and i found a mountain.

Last edited:
Reactions: hellomynameis