duplicate mod BasicComponents

Exit151

Aug 28, 2013
Ahh young padawan.. Like the two other recent posts on here, you are thowing a gazillion mods into the start of an already new server (or client single player).. First youngling, you must create a new folder and start from scratch. Follow the steps to get you a "BASIC" GC server (or client experience) up and running.. Using ONLY the GC mod. Then.. Once you get past that, add your salt and pepper (IE the other mods) one at a time, running the game/server after each addition and see if it works. One cannot simply throw tons of mods in to the melting pot, or there would be a thousand posts on every mods site like "I have no clue whats going on and how to fix it" :) That is how you fix it. Get GC running ALONE first - Then add mods (one at a time). Patience, young padawan and success you will have (and a notation of what mods DIDN'T work!!) :)

Reactions: Jappards

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
Ahh young padawan.. Like the two other recent posts on here, you are thowing a gazillion mods into the start of an already new server (or client single player).. First youngling, you must create a new folder and start from scratch. Follow the steps to get you a "BASIC" GC server (or client experience) up and running.. Using ONLY the GC mod. Then.. Once you get past that, add your salt and pepper (IE the other mods) one at a time, running the game/server after each addition and see if it works. One cannot simply throw tons of mods in to the melting pot, or there would be a thousand posts on every mods site like "I have no clue whats going on and how to fix it" :) That is how you fix it. Get GC running ALONE first - Then add mods (one at a time). Patience, young padawan and success you will have (and a notation of what mods DIDN'T work!!) :)

Well we got a new Mr. smartie pants.

And a new nerd.

Exit151

Aug 28, 2013
Nope, not at all.. I was just reading up on some recent support requests and noticed some similarities.. Don't get me wrong.. We run many servers here, some run 24/7, many just as the desire to play a certain mod arises.. And often we set up others just to have fun or mess around, etc.. So I know, possibly as you or others do, what work well together here in my 'collection', and often dump many of the must-have's in any time I start a new server.. But like I said, I noticed at least one trend with 4 posts about servers not starting.. When I got down to this particular post, I was in my Star Wars mindset :) hehe That's all :) Got to keep an up-beat light-hearted attitude or posting the 'same type of answer' gets really boring and "canned" sounding :)

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
If you load another mod that already has Basic components installed like GC does you need to turn off Load Basic components in the GC config. I would also check to see weather the other mods have BC installed as well.
Like Exit said you need to do some compatibility testing before you throw mods around. Especially if you're going to use a mods that's in its Alpha stage like GC is.