Dust Storms?

Codym2405

Mar 3, 2015
Australia
Dust storms would be a great idea. They could also pose a problem, as your solar panels would not work, and this could add some much needed dangerous space-weather. All planets that can have weather should have weather. Currently, Mars is the only planet capable of having weather, as the moon and the asteroids don't have atmospheres. Its weather should also include dry ice snow, which lowers the temperature of the planet and makes you freeze faster if your not wearing thermals.

Mar 8, 2015
Dust storms would be a great idea. They could also pose a problem, as your solar panels would not work, and this could add some much needed dangerous space-weather. All planets that can have weather should have weather. Currently, Mars is the only planet capable of having weather, as the moon and the asteroids don't have atmospheres. Its weather should also include dry ice snow, which lowers the temperature of the planet and makes you freeze faster if your not wearing thermals.
Yes that could work

ihazbravo

Jun 15, 2015
My turn trying making dust storms:

By editing the snow fall texture, I could create... a swarm of rust mosquitoes?

I imagine you Ezer might be interested in the texture: http://i.imgur.com/t2T5Pe4.png
Simply rename it to "snow.png" and toss it into the environment folder.

I was thinking the lower part of the skybox could become rust red all the way to the skyline, which would be a well pronounced feature when on high altitude locations. I didn't think about a volumetric fog effect of some sort though, but it would certainly be a really cool effect.

I'm not sure how such an effect could be done, but in theory it shouldn't be more complicated than how regular Minecraft clouds functions, but multi-layered and using a color matching the dust storm. In between this layer of clouds could be the transition zone for the actual fog.

To be honest, I think it kinda looks like there was a transparent picture put over a normal pic. :/