Energy Storage Module

urb4n0ninj4

Nov 2, 2013
So, these take 3 batteries to make. Each battery is 5mj (Mega Joules, right?)

With my fantastical mathematical skills I have discovered that 5mj, plus 5 mj, plus another 5mj (or, 5mj times 3, if you wish) does NOT equal 15mj! It actually equals 2.5mj, and all modern mathematics books must be rewritten!

At least, this is how I assume the author was thinking when making the energy storage module :p
Now, mind you, all sarcasm aside I am completely behind the idea of losing a little bit of power storage ability in favor of making a placeable, moveable energy module for convenience. Trade-offs like that make players weigh their choice, which is GOOD!

But an ~83% energy loss? That's just...mean, really.

Now that being said, if these batteries are NiCd (like ones we use commonly now, I think) I could TOTALLY justify this loss if it was the end result of the module being filled up, and exhausted a few dozen times, but not right off the batt. (see what I did there?)

tl:dr, I'd like to see the energy module mega joule storage brought up to 10-15mj considering the use of three 5mj batteries inside of it.

Reactions: Ezer'Arch

Donzaffi

Sep 28, 2013
In a Kingdom far far away
So, these take 3 batteries to make. Each battery is 5mj (Mega Joules, right?)

With my fantastical mathematical skills I have discovered that 5mj, plus 5 mj, plus another 5mj (or, 5mj times 3, if you wish) does NOT equal 15mj! It actually equals 2.5mj, and all modern mathematics books must be rewritten!

At least, this is how I assume the author was thinking when making the energy storage module :p
Now, mind you, all sarcasm aside I am completely behind the idea of losing a little bit of power storage ability in favor of making a placeable, moveable energy module for convenience. Trade-offs like that make players weigh their choice, which is GOOD!

But an ~83% energy loss? That's just...mean, really.

Now that being said, if these batteries are NiCd (like ones we use commonly now, I think) I could TOTALLY justify this loss if it was the end result of the module being filled up, and exhausted a few dozen times, but not right off the batt. (see what I did there?)

tl:dr, I'd like to see the energy module mega joule storage brought up to 10-15mj considering the use of three 5mj batteries inside of it.

For larger things like computers Lithiumbatteries a used NiCd comes more and more obsolete, another benfit is
Lithium-ion batteries explode better :D

But you are totally right, except that I think the boost don't has to be so large

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
1 energy storage module = 15Mj. Full support!

A decent base demands 50 kW of energy. 2.5 Mj would last for just 50 seconds. To last for entire nighttime on the Moon it would require 240 Mj... and 96 energy storage modules.

@micdoodle8 : you need to change this. D:

Reactions: akherber