Error with dev versions (1.7)

Urkaz

Member
Sep 4, 2014
4
0
1
27
Hello everyone,
I'm trying to do something that I have in mind for Galacticraft, but it's becoming impossible to start coding because eclipse is giving me always the same error.

I tried with the Recommended (10.13.0.1180) and Latest (10.13.0.1208) version of Forge and with the 8 and 18 (from Jenkins) dev of GC and including them to the path and to the mod folder (individually or combined)... But nothing changes, always the same error...
If i try with the source from gthub, copying to my src, eclipse mark as error some of the classes, having dependencies or not...
I searched on the internet, on this forum, and the wiki, but all that i found seems outdated or something is missing... I don't know what else to do now...

Here is the log, with 4 v8 jars included and using the Latest version or Forge.

Any solution to this? I'm missing something? Any detailed guide (or I don't know) to setting up eclipse correctly? D:

Thanks!
 

radfast

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
1,142
353
83
It's intended that you should:

(1) Place the API source files in your project's /src folder (or maybe in a dependencies folder if you prefer - it's best for it to be a dependency in the final release of your add-on, meaning that you have the API source files in your Eclipse development environment but not in the final .jar file you make)

(2) Place the dev versions of Galacticraft jars in your /eclipse/mods folder so that when you run Minecraft from inside Eclipse, it will be running with Galacticraft loaded

But I actually don't know in detail how to set up the dev versions correctly, as I use the original GC sources not dev versions myself - so if there's any more trick to it than that, I hope one of the other add-on writers who has it working will post here ...

---

You won't be able to use the full Galacticraft sources in your /src folder unless you have all the dependencies as well, and unless you first set up forge with the micdoodlecore and CodeChickenCore access transformers as explained in the third paragraph of jasonB221's post here:
http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?threads/how-to-write-a-basic-moon-addon-1-7.4452/

The crash report you posted looks like you failed to set up the access transformers.
 

Urkaz

Member
Sep 4, 2014
4
0
1
27
OMG, the problem as you say, was the access transformers... My retarded Windows downloaded both files as .cfg.txt and gradle (logically) was ignoring them... xD

Now this problem is solved an the game loads, but when you enter on some world, it crashes again :/

Here the crash, tried with forge 1208 and both dev versions mentioned of Galacticraft.

If this don't work this way, which dependencies I need to use the full Galacticraft sources? With the dependencies folder from the repo isn't enough?

Thanks for your help xD
 
Last edited:

radfast

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
1,142
353
83
The crash is because the access transformer (miccore/MicdoodleAccessTransformer) has not run when the game starts, when running the de-obfuscated game from inside Eclipse.

I don't know, but it looks like this is probably our fault in the coding ... it looks like the Access Transformer is coded only for the obfuscated names https://github.com/micdoodle8/MicdoodleCore/blob/master/src/main/resources/micdoodlecore_at.cfg - I'll talk to micdoodle8 about this.

For now, please try to build + play test your add-on in obfuscated form, use Gradle to build it and obfuscate. You will probably need to write your own build.gradle to make a .jar file. Do not include the Galacticraft files in your add-on .jar file. You can look at our build.gradle to understand how to do this - see how we exclude the dependencies, for example Buildcraft API, from the .jar file.

---

If you are loading up Galacticraft full sources into your Eclipse, all the dependencies which Galacticraft needs are included in the Github dependencies folder. If you installed Forge and the access transformers correctly, the Galacticraft source code should be error-free in your Eclipse .
 

Urkaz

Member
Sep 4, 2014
4
0
1
27
Solved and all OK.

It wasn't your fault in the coding or something related with the dev versions. "Investigating" the folders from eclipse I see that Access Transformers aren't applied to the project when running "gradlew clean setupDecompWorkspace --refresh-dependencies", so I tried to run "gradlew eclipse" again, and voilà, everything working and running correctly without including the Galacticraft source.

Thanks for your help and sorry about the inconvenience. ^^'
xD
 

radfast

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
1,142
353
83
np. I think maybe setupdevworkspace can do what you wanted in one step, but I'm no expert on the Forge setup process, it usually takes me 2 or 3 tries to get it right. and nice use of the accent on voilà