Europa, moon of Jupiter

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any mobs hurt in the construction

of these places. I am also not responsible for this thread being incomplete.

Europa; a natural satellite of Jupiter.

This has been suggested many, many, many times. This is also, I believe, said to be one of the next dimensions to be created. I decided that after looking at Europa photos and sites to attempt my on thread on this.

Before I go over some facts or sources, I feel like going over blocks, items, and liquids. Along with mobs and the dungeon, if it was to have one. Keep in mind that I am not saying it NEEDS to have this stuff, but just how I feel about it.

Europa Iron Core Block - The core of Europa is possibly made of iron. Mining this, and keep in mind this takes longer than normal iron ore, will provide you a block that can be smelted to iron.

Europa Core Block - The same thing, but, it doesn't drop iron. I have the two blocks for the core because I couldn't think of a better way of doing it or saying it or typing it or explaining it. The drop chance for the core block could be low, but if you had silk touch you would be rich with iron.

Silicon Ore (Core Block) - This is silicon ore in a core block. You get silicon from this like normal. This was added to the list because it is said that silicon is on Europa.

Europa Thick Ice - This is pretty much packed ice.

Silicon Ore (Thick Ice) - Silicon ore in a thick ice block. What happens after you break the block, I have not thought of.

Europa Thin Ice - This is pretty much normal ice.

Silicon Ore (Thin Ice) - Silicon ore in a thin ice block.
What happens after you break the block, I have not thought of.

Europa Water - Basically water.

Europa Water Bucket - The water in a bucket.

Europa Icy Slush - This is a liquid block, that would do one of two things. Thanks to
Space Unicorn for bringing this up. It could, A.) Cause slowness and poison, or, B.) Hypothermia; it would be like slowness, eventually hurt you like poison, but actually kill you, and your screen would move around as if you were dizzy w/ nausea. Maybe even blindness.

Europa Icy Slush Bucket - A bucket of this icy slush.

Luminosum - Blue glowing block in the dungeons to provide light.

Europa Dungeon Bricks - Blue dungeon bricks.

Icy Slush Source + Europa Water Flowing = Thick Ice

Icy Slush Flowing + Europa Water Flowing = Thin Ice
Icy Slush Flowing + Europa Water Source = Thick Ice
EuropaTextures.pngglowstone.pngbrick.png

Last edited:

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Silicon ore in the core form is tough to see, but if you zoom in, it should be that more blue part of it. You have to zoom in a lot, so unless you can do it without saving it to your PC and opening paint or something, take my word for it.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Working on a dungeon for it. It will be a large gap in the icy surface in to the water will you can enter a dungeon, if it has one. It could be almost all water if some rooms with just evolved monsters and then some new water monster in the depths of the moon. This is, if you wonder, where life would likely be.

If there was a boss, it could be like a more, menacing, version of this water monster. A good place for a cliche leviathan or kraken to live. It could use similar grabbing abilities like the skeleton boss and move around quickly in the large room. This wouldn't make it tough to fight, because the boss itself could be quite large. It's speed could also make it what it unique about this boss. Throwing you away from it, you can't get close. Moving quickly,it's tough to shoot. It's weakness could be the tentacles, I just got this idea from the Hydra in the twilight forest. Only, it isn't a hydra. This is a Leviathan!

Just thought about lava, water, cobblestone, stone, and obsidian. Adding to the main post that when Icy Slush source is met with Europa water flowing, it should be thick ice. With normal water flowing it could be packed or thick ice. Then when normal water source is met with flowing slush, it makes thin ice or ice. When met with Europa water flowing, the slush flowing makes thin ice.

Jan 8, 2014
Sweden not really swedish im dutch
Working on a dungeon for it. It will be a large gap in the icy surface in to the water will you can enter a dungeon, if it has one. It could be almost all water if some rooms with just evolved monsters and then some new water monster in the depths of the moon. This is, if you wonder, where life would likely be.

If there was a boss, it could be like a more, menacing, version of this water monster. A good place for a cliche leviathan or kraken to live. It could use similar grabbing abilities like the skeleton boss and move around quickly in the large room. This wouldn't make it tough to fight, because the boss itself could be quite large. It's speed could also make it what it unique about this boss. Throwing you away from it, you can't get close. Moving quickly,it's tough to shoot. It's weakness could be the tentacles, I just got this idea from the Hydra in the twilight forest. Only, it isn't a hydra. This is a Leviathan!

Just thought about lava, water, cobblestone, stone, and obsidian. Adding to the main post that when Icy Slush source is met with Europa water flowing, it should be thick ice. With normal water flowing it could be packed or thick ice. Then when normal water source is met with flowing slush, it makes thin ice or ice. When met with Europa water flowing, the slush flowing makes thin ice.
nice!

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
Two things.

2.) Doesn't it look nice? :p

8.) I wonder when Micdoodle is going to check out these textures, and possibly somebody who will further express their opinion and what they think. Like Wolfboyft, Dex, Sp.Un. or someone else who is an active member.

Mar 11, 2013
germany

i really like the idea however for so far i understand it would be like a gateway on the icy surface right tro the icy oceaan to the bodum and then the dunseion...
(im not sure if you mean it like that)
but true or not i may have a idea to make the whole dunguion underwater and to make sure you dont die you could make a spacy/swim suit that would protect you from the cold and the oxian gear would automaticly profate you from breading air.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
i really like the idea however for so far i understand it would be like a gateway on the icy surface right tro the icy oceaan to the bodum and then the dunseion...
(im not sure if you mean it like that)
but true or not i may have a idea to make the whole dunguion underwater and to make sure you dont die you could make a spacy/swim suit that would protect you from the cold and the oxian gear would automaticly profate you from breading air.
Two things;
I had a really tough time reading your English.
That i correct, it's broken ice that goes down in to the underwater dungeon.

Mar 11, 2013
germany
Yeah. What's hard to understand?
not really but for a moment i wasnt sure about it, but then i come back on my oritinal point what was: ''isnt that odd...?''

you where planning to make a water monster like mob (if this idea gets in defelopment) ist it then odd to place that in a dry or in a pool dungeon...?