Ezer'Arch's Orbital Space Station and Launch Bases

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Space Station for Galacticraft available for download
For Galacticraft 1.6.2, 1.6.4 and 1.7.10

This is a space station that evolved from a simple experiment while testing Galacticraft for the first time long time ago. Now it has become a functional, fully furbished and detailed orbital space station.

This station consists mainly of:
  • A rocket launch deck
  • Workplace
  • Core: Working oxygen farm
  • Oxygen distribution and electrical system
  • Working solar panels
  • Office
  • Extra-Vehicular Activity (E.V.A.) exits
  • Air-locks and hallways interconnecting rooms, all with a view of the space.

DOWNLOADS

Download the world and follow the instructions. It's a modded world.
(all my worlds are here too: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2315530-)
Required mods for 1.6.2:
  • Galacticraft v1.6.2-2.0.4.861
  • Mekanism v5.5.7.211
  • BiblioCraft v1.4.0
  • MrCrayfish's FurnitureMod v3.1.1
  • ModularPowersuits v1.6.2-0.9.0-76
  • CustomNPCs v1.6.2 (not essential if you don't want NPCs)
Required mods for 1.6.4:
  • Galacticraft v1.6.4-2.0.10.972
  • BiblioCraft v1.5.5
  • MrCrayfish's FurnitureMod v3.2.7
  • ModularPowersuits v1.6.4-0.10.0-92
  • CustomNPCs 1.6.2-1.6.4 (not essential if you don't want NPCs)
Due to deep changes in Galacticraft 1.6.4, the space station can no longer keep the oxygen system up steadily, so that the NPCs and players without oxygen gears will get hurt and suffocate. I tried to fix but I would need to tear down important parts of the structure. You can however remove the NPCs or edit the station.

License:
  • Do not redistribute. Give the link of this page instead.
  • Do not make money off this work, its parts or screenshots, alone or included in or with another work of same type (e.g. world saves, schematics).
  • If used publicly (video, website, public server), give me credit. Post a link to this page or to www.youtube.com/EzerArch.
  • You are allowed to make monetized videos with this work as long as you give me credits.
Feel free to contact me if you need to ask something else.

Archive (May-18-2013)

Old post moved to the next post. The most updated screenshots and info are down below, not in the 1st post.

Last edited:

jbjoseph

Apr 29, 2013
Charleston, SC
Good stuff, I like the scaffolding approach I'm seeing you use here (the yellow bar kind of things) I directly emulated that in the build I put up here. You've got a good eye for unique design.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Old post with old screenshots

I'd like to show some stuff I made while I was trying Galacticraft, it's an orbital space station and bases on Overworld and Moon.

7ZOMaKF.png

pT5I6m4.png

NULXghn.png

The station was just as experiment while playing the mod 1st time. I plan to make a real and functional station in the next versions of the mod.

I used Distant Anomaly texture pack, a dead texture pack but is still pretty nice pack for sci-fi/space theme.

Full album of screenshots, including the bases: http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/1ekj6k/galacticraft_orbital_space_station_and_some_minor/

Seeya. :)

Update (2013-08-19):

The Space Station above is an older version which was ported from a 1.5.1 world to my current world. The new and revamped version you find in the next posts below. New album soon.

Newer screenshots were posted below.

Technical details and credits for the current version

Minecraft version: 1.5.2

Mods:
I don't use modpacks. Instead, I download what I need and run them through MagicLauncher.

Essentials:
- Forge Universal 7.8.0.734
- Galacticraft a0.1.36.410 (*)
- Modular PowerSuits 0.7.1-635
- Mekanism 5.5.6.100 (*)
- Bibliocraft 1.2.3 (*)
- Furniture Mod 2.8.4 Full (*)
- Cartographer 1.3
- My People 1.1.4
* - if missing, it will harm the world.

Optionals:
- Modular PowerSuits Addons MPSA 186
- ShoulderSurfing 1.4.0
- Rei's minimap 3.3_06
- WorldEdit for MC 1.5.2
- XCommands 2.4
- CodeChickenCore 0.8.7.3
- NotEnoughtItems 28

Texture Packs:
- Aeon Legacy (main texture pack)
- Lance de Oberon (iron bars, signs)
- A NewWorld 32x32 (the enchantment table book, chests, map background)
- Distant Anomaly (glass blocks)
- LEDCraft (enderchest, bow, arrow, item frame background)

Minor graphic changes:
- digital clock: reddit/minecraft
- bibliocraft furniture was retextured to match the environment.
- astronaut suits: I replaced the armor textures with player skins found at planetminecraft.

Notes
1) The main texture pack was incomplete and a very few things that looked a bit off I replaced with a few things from other texture packs above or I edited by myself. This texture pack version is of personal use. I don't release texture remixes when not allowed.

2) I'm having a very hard time to find a reliable and consistent sci-fi/space texture pack. I was using Aeon Legacy, an excellent and pretty fitting sci-fi pack (in fact all listed texture packs are really worth trying), but its author decided to quit it and start (over again) a new pack, which not only lost a bit of the futuristic feel but also it depends on MCPatcher (I can't play the mods I use on it, it keeps crashing). If you know a good sci-fi/space texture pack, please leave your suggestions in the topic.

3) Feel free to ask about anything: links, info, how-tos, mods, what is what, what belongs to what, etc. I can't write about everything detail by detail.

vmbpvzF.png

Just imported my SS from Galacticraft 1.5.1.

I had to use some block-replace or I'd have screwed everything up.

Last edited:

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
That's looking good. How did you import it?
1) Open the world in Galacticraft 1.5.1
2) With MC edit, replace all Galacticraft blocks with normal MC blocks.
3) Move the dimension folder to a 1.5.2 world save.
4) Open the 1.5.2 world save, go to the SS dimension and replace the blocks with Galacticraft ones.

Dunewolfz

He-who-has-no-morals-or-sense-of-logic.
Feb 23, 2013
Kalos Region
www.itanimulli.com
Man will you quit building all this impressive stuff. xD
I can barely build a cabin, lol.
My base house in my 1.6.2 world is a little campsite surrounded by a dirt wall, with 4 chests, a nether portal, a furnace, and a bed.
I suck, LOL.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Micdoodle8 implemented solar panels for 1.6.2. It motivated me to replace the fake solar panels just for looks with actual ones from Mekanism in my 1.5.2 world.

Gl5ErU9.jpg

It's ugly, but functional. It generates 18Mj/day at 30kW.

... and hired two guys to help me to do nothing all day long.

Z7HkC0G.png

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Yep, this SS evolved and changed pretty much since 1.5.1, it was pure Galacticraft back then. Now it seems I need to write the technical stuff here too. Probably it deserves its own topic since the bases were left behind, or I should port everything from my old 1.5.1 world to the newest world.

Last edited:

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Up to you man. Your stuff looks so cool. I would recommend you let everyone know what your using. They will ask.