Farming Ideas

David Aronson

Jul 26, 2013
Recently I read that Mars Soil can be feritilzed to grow Earth-based plants.

I was thinking, why not make a Fertilzing Machine?

But the real question is, Why?
  • Martian Soil Fertilization is a better idea than taking loads of Grass from Earth
  • Less Resource-Intensive compres to Terraformer(Speaking of which, we should make it to where we can set-up the size and shape of the terraforming)
By the way, Fertilized Mars Soil is different from Grass

Basically, you put Mars Soil in a machine, and you also place Bone-Meal, and then the Soil is converted into Fertilized Mars Soil, which can be planted.

My other idea is a Chemical-Fertizlier. Basically if you right click Mars Soil with it 1-4 times, it fertilizes it. As for crafting, I was thinking maybe creating a NanoTech-Based Fertilizer using Carbon Nanotubes(Another nice idea for the Mod).

Speaking of which, while I am aware the Biome Idea exists, I'm thinking we should add regions of Mars are less rocky and more desert-like, as it makes the Planet more unique.

I was also thinking that we could add in a freezing affect to Earth-Plants if grown outside. But if you want to grow them outside and avoid the freezing affect, you can use NanoTech and Genetic Engineering to make it less affected by the Cold.

Also it would be a cool idea to make energy from photosynthesis.

Any other ideas?

Reactions: AugiteSoul