flashman's Suggestion Thread

flashman111

Feb 12, 2013
Heyo, flash here​
So, I just re-watched Davechaos' Beta-Review of this Mod, and I noticed Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune and Uranus on the Planet-Selection Menu. Since they are Gas Giants and don't have a Surface to actually land on, I want to suggest a few things that would make it possible visiting them.​
And also a few Things that have nothing to do with them. Just general Mod-Ideas​
1. I thought about Carbon-reinforced Rocket Plating/Hull, which would allow to enter Gas Giants​
that would normally, crush Rockets, like Jupiter (254% of the Earths Gravity)​
Maybe adding compatibility for IC2 Carbon Plates would be nice. Also, other Tiers of Platings where each tier can stand an higher pressure or temperature without breaking. Eventually, you will be able to make plating, that is so resistant that it can stand the extreme heat emited by the sun and you can get pretty close to it, but not actually "land" on it.​
What i'm thinking of:​
mKBQCjV.png
( I like fancy Pictures thats why I added a wooden frame)​
2. Carbon Plating would make the Rocket heavier thats why it's gonna take​
longer to travel to all Planets/Moons and It will nead more/bigger tanks​
and will consume a lot more fuel.​
What i'm thinking of:​
3dPBxkV.png
(Showing of my amazing drawing skills)​
3. Better/Advanced Spacesuites for Gas Giants and really cold/really hot Planets/Moons, like Europa.​
Basically, what I'm thinking of, is, there should be several tiers of Spacesuites, each Tier is more expensive to make and can hold more pressure (Gas Giants) and can take high/low temperatures, it would wear of, after some time, so there should be an little indicator on top like the oxygen meter that would tell you how much time you have left untill your spacesuite breaks. Then you would either freeze/burn to death or suffocate, whatever happens first. There should also be an extreme Spacesuit that will allow you to get really close to the sun and like, hover/fly around it in space, kinda unrealistic, but it should be really hard to make and require extremely resistant rocket plating.​
4. I think there should be different Tiers of Engines, that allow you to travel further. For Example, a Tier 1 Engine reaches till Jupiter. Tier 2 Ones will be able to reach Uranus. Tier 3 will reach untill Pluto, if this will even be included. And then, a fifth Tier, that will allow you to visit different Solar Systems, once there are addons out that will add this. And then, a final Tier that will allow you to leave the Milky way. Each Tier consumes more fuel.​
5. Planetary Rings. What i'm thinking is, that, if you want to visit Planets like Saturn, you will have to maneuver the rocket through the ring yourself in a kind of like, outer space dimension, which you will have to go through if you want to visit certain planets, once you pass this, you will be able to visit the planet​
6. An admin tool which allows you to place oxygen in an selected Area. I rebuild the ISS on my Server and sold players different plots, and it was really a pain in the a** to set the oxygen-distribution up everywhere, since it decays leaves from time to time since version 0.0.7.​
So i thought there should be something like an world edit wand that will permantly fill an area with air without needing oxygen distributors in the middle of a room everywhere. It should only​
be accessable by operators, on servers and on ssp it should only be spawnable over an inventory editor like NEI or ToomanyItems.​
7. Module System for Rockets. What I thought about was, something like the Steves Carts 2 Module System. You can upgrade your Rocket Hull (as stated above) Every new Tier of Hull will be able to carry more "Modules" on it. I already got some Ideas for different Modules.​
1. Better/Bigger Tanks​
2. Efficience Upgrades (Can travel greater distances while consuming less fuel)​
3. Faster Rocket Boost​
4. An sort of Hover-Engine that will allow you to hover around on Gas Giants, since they do not have a Surface to land on, flying would be the only Solution.​
5. An emergency ejection seat. It will allow you to eject out of your Spaceship in case the Start fails and the Rocket is about to crash​
8. Ideas for the Galactic Leveling System. You should get higher levels the more often you visit different planets and moons. Once you reach an higher level, you will unlock new Modules/Addons for your Rocket, which will allow you to fly to further Planets or even discover new ones or visit entirely new Solar Systems and advanced Upgrades. You will also discover how to make new things (addons, modules, technology) Kind of like Thaumcraft research.​
9. Aliens. Once you reach an higher galactic level you will eventually find a new Species on one of the Planets and when you reach even higher levels, you find a way communicating with them. And you can either become their friends (Trade goods with them that are only obtainable from each others planet, so it would be good for both species, humans and aliens) or become their enemys and have an intergalactical war. If you become friends with them, and they trust you enough, they will tell you their Technological secrets and give you access to advanced Technology, for building better Engines and other awesome things.​
10. Electric Rocket. Once you reach an higher Galactic Level and research/discover better technologies, you find out how to make a rocket fueled with electricity. Maybe the UE Api could be used for that, other energy it could be accepting:​
1. IC2 Energy​
2. Buildcraft MJ​
3. Redpower Blutricity​
11. Gamma Ray Bursts. If stars collaps/die out, they release an extreme amount of energy. So I thought, there should be a very very very small chance, a gamma ray burst could hit earth/other planets with like a 0.000000000000000000000000000000001% Chance​
12. Radiation. I suggested an extreme Rocket plating before that would allow you to get really close to sun. So, if you get too close, you will get Radiation and die, eventually. There​
can also be a kind of Hazmat-Suit upgrade for Spacesuits that would protect you from radiation for a short time.​
13. Oxygen in the Rocket. When you travel further distances, you will need more air to breath, so I thought. There should be an oxygen tank upgrade that you can build to supply oxygen for a long time, allowing you to survive long flights.​
14. Oxygen Distributor Upgrades. I thought about adding upgrades to Oxygen distributors. Like, Fans and Heaters that create an warm/cold Sphere that will allow you to survive on planets with extrem temperatures without wearing an Spacesuite.​
15. Weapons for Spaceships. When having a war with aliens, you should be able to attach lasers and other weapons to your spaceship that will be able to destroy other Spaceships. It would also be awesome for Multiplayer battles.​
Thats it for now, I will come up with new Ideas that I will add here eventually.​
Hope you all like my Ideas.​
-flash​

Alex

Mar 6, 2013
Amazing stuff here flash, but one extra thing. Other solar systems and possibly galaxy's should have all there planets say Unknown (exactly like that) and have a completely randomly generated terrain each with ten or more options to choose between. I know the code for that would be really hard but i'm almost positive that that could be the best thing to do for that since we have an idea of what a lot of them are but who's gonna take the time and do that for every planet ;)

pjkbd

Mar 6, 2013
my GOD mod maker add this stuff in the mod!!!!!!!!!!!, people whould love this mod a HOLE lot more too if you did I would play this mod hours on end!!! This mod would probley become the most famess mod!!!!!!

(sorry for the sucky spelling)

flashman111

Feb 12, 2013
Well, all this would probably be really hard to make and i know for sure most of this will probably not be added. But still, if some of this could be implemented, that'd be awesome already

Dman1791

Mar 30, 2013
This is the most epic idea thread on the planet...

EDIT: lol... Unintentional pun there... planet...

Nov 22, 2014
On the subject of Gas Giants I think an option to build an orbital Gas Mining Station would be great. Kind of like Cloud City in Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back. Each Gas Giant would yield enormous amounts of a specific gas thereby eliminating the process of creating these gasses yourself. You could then either use these gasses as a renewable fuel for your rocket or as a renewable energy source for machines that run on gasses.

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
On the subject of Gas Giants I think an option to build an orbital Gas Mining Station would be great. Kind of like Cloud City in Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back. Each Gas Giant would yield enormous amounts of a specific gas thereby eliminating the process of creating these gasses yourself. You could then either use these gasses as a renewable fuel for your rocket or as a renewable energy source for machines that run on gasses.
This reminds me of Jigs from another game.
But getting infinite rocket fuel out of nothing shouldn't be easy, maybe the pumps need a giant amount of energy to function?

waterside

Nov 30, 2014
i was reading this (good idea btw) and when i got to number 5 you said maneuver your rocket and it made me think about a game called spore (its a game about evolution and evolving in stuff) and when you get to the space stage where your creature learns space travel and is REALLY LONG so most people dont play it but the way you MANEUVER you space shuttle around is really cool and would look amazing in minecraft (maybe something to do with academies ships mod to customise or somthing)

Codym2405

Mar 3, 2015
Australia
All rockets in GC are currently chemical rockets. I think rockets should also take oxygen tanks and fuel, as both are needed for combustion in space. Maybe the tier 4 rocket would have titanium plating (found on asteroids) to protect itself from Venus' acidic and dense atmosphere (Venus is probable the next implemented planet) And the tier 5 rocket would run on Argon (Ionic propulsion) to reach far planets like Jupiter.

Mar 8, 2015
All rockets in GC are currently chemical rockets. I think rockets should also take oxygen tanks and fuel, as both are needed for combustion in space. Maybe the tier 4 rocket would have titanium plating (found on asteroids) to protect itself from Venus' acidic and dense atmosphere (Venus is probable the next implemented planet) And the tier 5 rocket would run on Argon (Ionic propulsion) to reach far planets like Jupiter.
That could work as well

Luigi_125

Jun 3, 2017
I have a suggestion too.
Please add or notify me about the existence of a way to change the fuel requirements for leaving and traveling to planets.
I think that planets like Saturn and Jupiter should require more fuel to leave, and the Moon and the Asteroids should take a lot less fuel to leave. I also wish that you make traveling very long distances should require a very slight increase in fuel cost. Increasing the loading time by 7 to 15 real-life seconds would be nice too, because that isn't so long that you get bored and it is long enough to notice. Basically change the fuel requirement for leaving and time for traveling to planets that have more gravity or are farther from your current position on the solar system map.