FTB Monster crash when arriving at moon/mars

geegee

Jan 26, 2014
Nice update, thank you, now we have to update our server and re-do the config files from sbreen's magic config files. lol
Thats why you should always do a backup of your configs :p.

Also sbreens configs are from an earlier version and I noticed that the FTB team added, removed and changed some config values in those files ;)

TheWhiteTyger

Jan 28, 2014
Fat lotta good that does, tried that before, screwed up mods that had changes done. have always had to do manual re-configs of the config files since Monster 1.0.2 (first one we learned and started out with was 1.0.1 cuz we are slow to get updated news.)

TL;DR: What is the safe way to keep config changes across updates on the server side since launcher does auto config updates. (Used to steal config and mod files from server after we manually configured server.)

geegee

Jan 26, 2014
I personally download the new ftb server files to a separate folder. And then use a program called winmerge to look for all the changes in the config files between the two

TheWhiteTyger

Jan 28, 2014
Gah! I'm an idgit! How simple is that? I use Linux, but there is a file compare program that I could use to do the exact same thing! Thanks very much, I know it might seem like a silly little thing to you, but sometimes I don't think of little things like that and you helped me out a lot. Thanks again for the help!

geegee

Jan 26, 2014
I do have too correct myself. Gascraft does work with flatbedrock according to the configs. Kinda weird that it bugs out with cofh's flat bedrock enabled while generating the moon

Shekky

Jan 18, 2014
so anyone got a new updated config for 1.0.9 of ftb monster? Or do the old ones work still?

geegee

Jan 26, 2014
I am currently testing the ore generation on overworld by adding the galacticraft ores to the CoFH ore gen. If it works nicely ill place the config I used.

Reactions: TheWhiteTyger

TheWhiteTyger

Jan 28, 2014
I am currently testing the ore generation on overworld by adding the galacticraft ores to the CoFH ore gen. If it works nicely ill place the config I used.

Any luck? I'm still getting Gascraft relates server crashes. If so please post config files, would be helpful for us. Thanks in advance.

Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.util.NoSuchElementException
at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(HashMap.java:897)
at java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator.next(HashMap.java:928)
at mekanism.api.transmitters.DynamicNetwork.tick(DynamicNetwork.java:115)
at mekanism.api.gas.GasNetwork.tick(GasNetwork.java:117)
at mekanism.api.transmitters.TransmitterNetworkRegistry.tickEnd(TransmitterNetworkRegistry.java:87)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.SingleIntervalHandler.tickEnd(SingleIntervalHandler.java:34)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.tickEnd(FMLCommonHandler.java:141)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPostServerTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:274)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:622)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)

geegee

Jan 26, 2014
These are the current configs that I use haven't had success with the ore gen though. Got a QuarryPlus running on max size to see how it worked out

PS. If it still crashes look in the FTB Client console when you are arriving at the moon.
If you see the console getting spammed with "[GasCraft] Error generating resorces for chunk @. "

Then its the bedrock issue.

Attachments

• config.zip
    11.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Reactions: TheWhiteTyger

TheWhiteTyger

Jan 28, 2014
These are the current configs that I use haven't had success with the ore gen though. Got a QuarryPlus running on max size to see how it worked out

PS. If it still crashes look in the FTB Client console when you are arriving at the moon.
If you see the console getting spammed with "[GasCraft] Error generating resorces for chunk @. "

Then its the bedrock issue.

Thanks much, I'll look at the server and the client. I have players now on the moon, but it seem only when new chunks of the moon are generated.

TheWhiteTyger

Jan 28, 2014
Ah frick, I thought it wouldn't generate after changing the configs file. We have players that have made bases on the moon already, is there anything that can be done w/o moon reset? I'm pretty sure that we may have to reset the moon Dim, but was wondering if there might be ANYWAY around this oversight of mine.

geegee

Jan 26, 2014
Ah frick, I thought it wouldn't generate after changing the configs file. We have players that have made bases on the moon already, is there anything that can be done w/o moon reset? I'm pretty sure that we may have to reset the moon Dim, but was wondering if there might be ANYWAY around this oversight of mine.

Look in the configs for the cofh/cofhworld.cfg. in there look for B:RetroactiveFlatBedrock=false
And set it to true.

Restart the server and test it out. Cant besure that this works. If not try deleting the dimension. Make sure you back it up first though. If it doesnt work you can atleast restore it.

geegee

Jan 26, 2014
Yup, but didnt add the ores to the cofh gen so galacticraft ores are not generated yet

TheWhiteTyger

Jan 28, 2014
Look in the configs for the cofh/cofhworld.cfg. in there look for B:RetroactiveFlatBedrock=false
And set it to true.

Restart the server and test it out. Cant besure that this works. If not try deleting the dimension. Make sure you back it up first though. If it doesnt work you can atleast restore it.

Kewl. Did backup the current moon and re-generated it anyways. New moon seems to be holding strong, and had a talk with other players and so long as the overworld isn't lost then they were willing to start fresh. So thank you very much and we are testing this new config with the old moon and will letcha know if it goes well and stops crashing.