Fuel Leaks

SuperHammy3

Mar 1, 2017
I'm pretty sure Galacticraft has a hard mode configuration option. I think this would be a good addition to it if there is one.

Basically - If you are on let's say the Moon. You just landed. You haven't gotten the fuel out of your lander yet. After spending some time on the Moon you suddenly see a warning telling you about the fuel leak. You take the fuel out of the lander and fuel your rocket up immediately and blast off and return to the overworld.

Jun 17, 2017
I think randomly machine blocks will break or become damaged. A machine will over time become damaged but rarely become broken. A machine that has a lot of damage will be more likely to break. To make the game fair, machines can't break or become damaged on the overworld. A broken machine doesn't work anymore and become a "broken machine" block with random parts from it's crafting recipie that can be easily salvaged. A damaged machine still works, but a decreased efficency. Probably an increased power consumption or smaller power buffer. Damaged machines can be repaired with a wrench and compressed plate. This will increase the difficulty while making sense. It'll also entice players to design bases with backup systems.

7eggert

Apr 20, 2018
Maybe for some hard mode, but if you're creating a lot of bases or if you're playing a lot of other mods, that would not be nice.

QuadShot

Jun 1, 2015
Sun City, AZ
I pretty much disagree with this completely and here's why: Due to atmosphere or more precisely the lack thereof, as well as temperature extremes. There is no such thing as a small leak!
Fuels and gases are under pressure at 1 atm (at about 72°F/22°C) and in space your at 0 atm and temperature swings from -240°C to 260°C.(-400 °F to 500 °F) in a few seconds. Fluid Dynamics/Statics dictate what happens next. In general that's a lot of stored energy that is intent on "getting out" NOW, at mach 10.