Fuel Loader not Loading Fuel

Jun 27, 2014
I am on my third rocket, and have had trouble getting all three to load fuel. The loader has power, has fuel, rocket is on the pad, but the loader is not loading into the rocket after pressing "Load Fuel." I have tried replacing the launch pads, the loader, filling the loader all the way full, none of which help.

I read one post that said it only loads from the right side, and have changed the position of the loader to other places, still no luck.

What's the work-around, if any?

Thanks.

Jun 27, 2014
I'm using this in the Tekkit modpack on a server, and cannot download another version. It worked twice, but I cannot get it to do so for a third time.

Jun 27, 2014
I have tried everything up to and including: rebuilding every piece of equipment, and placing in a new location; reloading the entire modpack from scratch; Four fuel loaders, one for each face, each one tried rotated in each possible direction; hooking up to four advanced solar panels and a battery. Nothing works, the rocket will still not take fuel.

Anyone have a fix for this?

fun0326

May 18, 2014
What cables are u using? Usally alot of people put universal cables and put power into the wrong side even though the universal cable show its puting power through. This happened to the only bently in his space life seires

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
I have tried everything up to and including: rebuilding every piece of equipment, and placing in a new location; reloading the entire modpack from scratch; Four fuel loaders, one for each face, each one tried rotated in each possible direction; hooking up to four advanced solar panels and a battery. Nothing works, the rocket will still not take fuel.

Anyone have a fix for this?
Did you hit the Load button on the Fuel Loader? Just wondering, you'd be surprised by what people do.

Jun 27, 2014
I have used both the heavy aluminum and regular aluminum cable from Galacticraft, and have rotated the loader so that the cable connects to the input side. It does not connect to the output side. The loader only accepts a cable on the green side. The power indicator on the loader shows full, and drops when loading.

By third rocket I have been able to build and launch two others, both ending in death after crashing. Both rockets accepted fuel to a full load from the loader, although I had to fiddle with the placement and orientation to get the first one to work.

Yes, I press "Load" on the loader, thanks.

Any other tips/suggestions?

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
It's difficult to trouble-shoot issues in a modpack like Tekkit which is using a version of Galacticraft many versions behind the current. Right now, I'm not even sure whether it is a bug in that old version of Galacticraft, a problem with the server you are playing on, or something unusual with your build.

Guessing in the dark, a few things for you to try:
1) Can you break and re-place the rocket (hit it until it breaks)
2) Are there any other launchpads around? The fuel loader will look for all adjacent pads, so make sure there is only one.
3) When you place the rocket, can you press 'F' (or whatever other key it is configured to) to open the rocket's fuel+inventory screen - does that look OK? Does this rocket have chests?
4) If you place a cargo loader next to the same launchpad, does that work - does it load items into the rocket?

Maybe also take screenshots of your build.

Have you asked the server admins for help? For example, to look and see if any error is reported in the logs when you are using the FuelLoader? It's also possible they changed something on the server after your 2nd rocket, which has stopped it working now.

I would think the easiest answer is to ask the server admins to give you a pre-fueled rocket, in place of your rocket+fuel canisters - though that way we will never discover the cause of the issue...

Jun 27, 2014
1) I can break and replace the rocket, and have done so a number of times, placing it from different directions. I have broken and moved the launch pad, trying different orientations.
2) Only 1 launchpad is present
3) I can press F and see the inventory screen and the fuel indicator. Fuel indicator does not move or show incoming fuel. Rocket has three chests.
4) Placing cargo loader takes power, but says "No target to load into." Tried different orientations of the loader, broke and replaced the rocket. Cannot build cargo rocket, as I do not have the template.

I have asked the server admins, but they have not been on in a while. Someone else built, fueled and launched a rocket today. I am still unable to do so.

Thanks for the effort.

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
1) I can break and replace the rocket, and have done so a number of times, placing it from different directions. I have broken and moved the launch pad, trying different orientations.
2) Only 1 launchpad is present
3) I can press F and see the inventory screen and the fuel indicator. Fuel indicator does not move or show incoming fuel. Rocket has three chests.
4) Placing cargo loader takes power, but says "No target to load into." Tried different orientations of the loader, broke and replaced the rocket. Cannot build cargo rocket, as I do not have the template.

I have asked the server admins, but they have not been on in a while. Someone else built, fueled and launched a rocket today. I am still unable to do so.

Thanks for the effort.
I recommend requesting to see how the other player set up the rocket.

Jun 27, 2014
Checked out another player's setup, mine and his are the same. I have now tried removing armour, etc., logging out while fueler is supposed to be loading, and removing/adjusting chunk loaders. No joy.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
@Michael Werner thank you for your patience with my questions, I am trying to rule out the possibility that this is not a bug. It sounds like it is a bug, since the other player's setup is the same.

To take this any further, I'd really like to have confirmation from someone that this is an issue in recent builds of Galacticraft. @Michael Werner, which Tekkit version is it? (I think the latest Tekkit has GC 2.0.12.1026).

And @Vigilantecow, which version of Galacticraft are you using? Did you also have the issue on the third time you used a fuel loader?

Also a screenshot would help me, as my next step would be to build the same setup and try to reproduce the issue. If I can reproduce it then a fix should come quickly.

If it is indeed a bug in the code in a recent version of Galacticraft (like 2.0.12.1026 or later) then I am willing to make a custom patch for the server owner to install but in that eventuality @Michael Werner you're going to need to get friendly with the server admins unless by chance they're people I already know - anyhow it's a bit early in the day to be talking about that, let's find the cause of the issue first.

Vigilantecow

Oct 5, 2013
Some Place Cold
moonquest.com
And @Vigilantecow, which version of Galacticraft are you using? Did you also have the issue on the third time you used a fuel loader?.
When this "glitch" occured I was using release 2.0.13. Fuel loader acknowledges that theirs a launchpad present and says that its fueling it, but just takes up an indefinite amount of fuel trying to and failing to fuel it. (entering the rocket shows that no fuel was enjected).

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
I didn't manage to reproduce this in 2.0.14.1084, firing off something like 20 rockets with launchpads in a variety of different configurations around the fuel loader. I even tried building 2 launchpads, one on each side of the fuel loader. It fuelled the 2nd rocket after the first rocket took off destroying the first launch pad.

So I think you said you're seeing the Fuel Loader actually use up fuel (lower its own fuel level) but the fuel it uses doesn't go into the rocket?

I wonder if somehow you have 2 rockets on one pad (which shouldn't be possible, but who knows?) So the fuel loader is loading fuel into rocket 1, but when you right-click you climb into rocket 2? It could look like just one rocket because both are in the exact same position.

If this happens again please take screenshots too, that might help me reproduce it.

Jun 14, 2014
I didn't manage to reproduce this in 2.0.14.1084, firing off something like 20 rockets with launchpads in a variety of different configurations around the fuel loader. I even tried building 2 launchpads, one on each side of the fuel loader. It fuelled the 2nd rocket after the first rocket took off destroying the first launch pad.

So I think you said you're seeing the Fuel Loader actually use up fuel (lower its own fuel level) but the fuel it uses doesn't go into the rocket?

I wonder if somehow you have 2 rockets on one pad (which shouldn't be possible, but who knows?) So the fuel loader is loading fuel into rocket 1, but when you right-click you climb into rocket 2? It could look like just one rocket because both are in the exact same position.

If this happens again please take screenshots too, that might help me reproduce it.
I have actually gotten multiple rockets on one launch pad but I don't know why anyone would make more than one

Jun 27, 2014
I'm using the latest version of Tekkit as distributed through the launcher, for MC 1.6.4. It has galacticraft-1.6.4-2.0.12.1026 running.

I only have the one rocket. I replaced every piece of equipment, destroying the originals. I have re-placed the rocket multiple times, there is no way that there is more than one rocket.

I can climb into the rocket while the FL states it is loading fuel, but the gauge never moves. I have tried running the FL with power from cables, power from battery, power from both. FL indicates full charge, and states loading fuel, power bar fluctuates as if it is working, but no fuel is transferred to the rocket. Fuel level in the Loader does not change. I have tried with it full, half full, and in between 1/4 and full.

I have placed the FL at every valid position, rotated it, hooked wire from each valid side on each rotation. No option has worked.

In other parts of my builds, fuel transfers through BC pipes and TE fluid ducts.

I'm on good terms with the server admins, we just have families and jobs so do not get to communicate directly very much. Plus, we are on different continents with different schedules.

Here is a screenshot of the way it looks at the moment. This is site #2, all equipment at site #1 was destroyed after two successful launches.

2014-07-09_19.35.15.jpg