GalacticCraft N00b To Pro

vincentdb82

Sep 1, 2013
Raleigh, NC
So I'm new to Galacticraft via Kovacic's Mod Pack. I have a Solar Panel and I'm trying to connect wires from the Panel to the Refinery. The wires connect to the solar panel but I cant get them connect to the refinery... Help?

thomas502318

Jun 18, 2013
Make sure the wires are going to the refinery's top, it's marked by a dark gray square. If that doesn't work, try updating Galacticraft.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Any more questions feel free to ask. AS the wiki get's updated these questions will help improve it.

vincentdb82

Sep 1, 2013
Raleigh, NC
In looking at the recipes, I think the only one that specifically stated the gray square was the power source plug was the O2 concentrator. I'm liking the mod so far already refining oil just made the concentrator about to make my first O2 tank.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Yeah the solar panels work, when there's enough light. I've been putting a battery box between the solar panels and equipment as a buffer. Also watching the bat box will tell you if your panels are generating enough juice, instead of going around to all the machines to see which is short on power.

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
Yeah the solar panels work, when there's enough light. I've been putting a battery box between the solar panels and equipment as a buffer. Also watching the bat box will tell you if your panels are generating enough juice, instead of going around to all the machines to see which is short on power.

lols im putting 10 advanced solar panels, then i putted 5 bat boxes, a while later when i came back, the boxes are full..

thomas502318

Jun 18, 2013
Fallen Meteors are found on the lunar and martian surfaces. I believe they spawn at some point above the ground, and create a small explosion when they impact the surface. Meteors are fairly hard to find, constantly searching for them is not a very efficient use of oxygen/time. I typically go out looking for new meteors once a lunar minecraft day.

thomas502318

Jun 18, 2013
Essential-
Tier 1 Rocket
9 Launch Pads
Fuel Loader
Fuel
Filled Oxygen Tanks (preferably heavy tanks)
Oxygen Gear
Oxygen Mask
Decent Tools
Decent Armor and Weaponry
Teleporter Setup & Chunk Loader (If Mekanism & Chicken Chunks are installed) (Never Waste Fuel Again!)

Optional-
Building Material (Tin Decoration Blocks, Smooth Stone, Stone Bricks, etc.)
Glowstone/Alternate Lighting (torches require oxygen to work)
Seeds (16-32)
Saplings
2 Water Buckets(infinite water source setup)
Energy Source (solar is easiest to setup)
Energy Storage
Wires
Sealable Copper Wires
Sealable Oxygen Pipes
Oxygen Pipes
Oxygen Collector
Oxygen Bubble/Oxygen Sealer

This is a lot of stuff, I would probably save the optional stuff for 2nd or 3rd trips; however, it is most efficient to do everything in one shot.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Keep in mind the moon only has Tin, copper, Meteoric iron, and cheese. Oh allot of moon dust. So you pretty much have to take everything you would need to survive. Survival depends on how long you plan on staying. Going back and forth takes more time than resources though. The moon is mainly for Schematics, and meteoric iron.

vincentdb82

Sep 1, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I've got Galacticcraft thru the Kovacic Mod pack, so I don't have Mars as an available option. How many fuel cannisters do I need for a return trip?

EDIT:
Are Tier 1 Rockets only two use? I went up to the moon and back and I have no rocket in my inventory back on overworld.

Last edited: