Galacticraft 1.5.2 crash on rocket launch

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
  • This a version of Galacticraft from 1 year ago. Here is as much help as I can give.
  • It seems to be a very rare crash, I can only find one other report and that's from August 2013
  • The reason for the crash is that playerBase is null, meaning, it could not match your name with a player in Minecraft. Does your Minecraft in-game name have strange letters or punctuation? Are you using a plugin to change your in-game name?
If you have access to another Minecraft account, try to log in as a different player, that might fix it.

Maybe other forum members have some other suggestions for you?

TheEnderMan7

Jul 16, 2014
  • This a version of Galacticraft from 1 year ago. Here is as much help as I can give.
  • It seems to be a very rare crash, I can only find one other report and that's from August 2013
  • The reason for the crash is that playerBase is null, meaning, it could not match your name with a player in Minecraft. Does your Minecraft in-game name have strange letters or punctuation? Are you using a plugin to change your in-game name?
If you have access to another Minecraft account, try to log in as a different player, that might fix it.

Maybe other forum members have some other suggestions for you?
Thanks for the reply, I don't think it has any strange letters or anything, my username is TheEnderman125, I do not have another account to try it with though, is there anything else I can try?

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
I'm sorry, I'm out of ideas. It doesn't seem like there is anything strange with your username.

If you have any possibility to update your modpack to 1.6.4 versions, maybe that will be OK for you?

(You can do a quick test of Galacticraft 1.6.4 in creative mode to check that you can launch a rocket OK. Here's the latest version of Galacticraft: http://ci.micdoodle8.com/job/Galacticraft/1091/ You'll need to setup Forge 9.11.1.965 in the vanilla Minecraft launcher, get that from here http://files.minecraftforge.net/.)

TheEnderMan7

Jul 16, 2014
I'm sorry, I'm out of ideas. It doesn't seem like there is anything strange with your username.

If you have any possibility to update your modpack to 1.6.4 versions, maybe that will be OK for you?

(You can do a quick test of Galacticraft 1.6.4 in creative mode to check that you can launch a rocket OK. Here's the latest version of Galacticraft: http://ci.micdoodle8.com/job/Galacticraft/1091/ You'll need to setup Forge 9.11.1.965 in the vanilla Minecraft launcher, get that from here http://files.minecraftforge.net/.)
thank you for all the help :), although I cant really do that, i have a custom mod pack with around 118 mods and some aren't updated to 1.6.2, my world also took ages to build.

However i did a test recently on another mod pack that was 1.5.2, no crash, and I tested it(the mod pack it crashes on) without the two mods that i thought were causing it, still crashed, and even added then to the mod pack it worked on, no crash. they also both use the same version, so I am honestly confused right now, I'm checking my other mods for any that could possibly make it crash.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
hmm, that seems strange.

If you look at the ForgeModLoader logs, there are some lines similar to this: "Galacticraft successfully injected bytecode in xyz (2/2)"

If it doesn't read 2/2 or 4/4 or whatever, but instead 1/2 or 2/4 or something incomplete, that can be a clue about where the problem is - if there are differences between the logs for the different modpacks.

If it's that, the cause could be because one of the other coremods changed it before Galacticraft - but that's unlikely. More likely, it's because of a non-standard minecraft.jar or minecraft-server.jar. If you're playing single player, that might be Optifine or some other client-side modification. If you're running a server, it could be because you are using Spigot or MCPC+ or some other modified server. Galacticraft 1.5.2 would have been tested fully with MCPC+ and Optifine at the time of release, but maybe you are using a version which was updated more recently?

TheEnderMan7

Jul 16, 2014
hmm, that seems strange.

If you look at the ForgeModLoader logs, there are some lines similar to this: "Galacticraft successfully injected bytecode in xyz (2/2)"

If it doesn't read 2/2 or 4/4 or whatever, but instead 1/2 or 2/4 or something incomplete, that can be a clue about where the problem is - if there are differences between the logs for the different modpacks.

If it's that, the cause could be because one of the other coremods changed it before Galacticraft - but that's unlikely. More likely, it's because of a non-standard minecraft.jar or minecraft-server.jar. If you're playing single player, that might be Optifine or some other client-side modification. If you're running a server, it could be because you are using Spigot or MCPC+ or some other modified server. Galacticraft 1.5.2 would have been tested fully with MCPC+ and Optifine at the time of release, but maybe you are using a version which was updated more recently?
I checked the log, it might be that:
Galacticraft successfully injected bytecode into: ng (2 / 1)
Galacticraft successfully injected bytecode into: bdr (0 / 2)

This was copy pasted from the log, every other line seems normal to me. However, I don't use optifine and both mod packs have the same core mods. any idea what could have caused this? oh, and thanks for all the help so far