Galacticraft 3 Release Notes

PureTryOut

Mar 5, 2013
It worked great! It says it can not find MicdoodleCore at all though, weird...

Anyways I just noticed this problem also happens on (of course) Linux servers, which might be a problem.
I wanted to try it with a friend and loaded everything up on my headless Ubuntu 14.04 server (which I rented so not the same computer) and it needed access to a X server which a server of course not has.
I managed to let it launch by enabling X11 forwarding, but I rather have the option too type "y" or "yes" in the console then forward X11. A config file option would be great too.
Is this possible and/or do-able? Are you willing to add this (I hope i'm not being an ass right now for asking it)? Thanks in advance!

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
We'd prefer to have it not throw up the MicdoodleCore not found or version check at all, if you have the correct versions. If you're happy to keep testing for us while we make a few different builds to try to fix this for good, that would be appreciated.

I don't want a config override generally, as that defeats the whole purpose of having a version check, but I will see if something is possible for servers only. I understand your point that a server may be launched remotely / automatically

PureTryOut

Mar 5, 2013
Of course i'm willing to test. I thought that was the whole point of a beta ;)

Please tell me if you need any more information.

Last edited:

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
@PureTryOut - Please try the latest version
http://ci.micdoodle8.com/job/Galacticraft-1.7/144/

If you're still seeing that Galacticraft or MicdoodleCore version message:
* switch on Enable Debug = true in /config/Galacticraft/miccore.conf then let me see any example of your startup log please
* to help you out, there's a secret bypass - just rename MicdoodleCore in your /mods folder to some similar name not containing "MicdoodleCore" - example, "GalactiMicCore" - and that should skip the version check so you won't see any messages.

PureTryOut

Mar 5, 2013
Sorry for my late response, I was on a short holiday with some friends.
I'm glad to let you know that it's fixed from version 146 and onwards (thats the latest version I tried it on, it probably already worked on 144).
Thank you for your help!

PureTryOut

Mar 5, 2013
Where should I submit bug reports for the Beta? Should I just use the regular bug reporting tool, or can I post them here?
I just started a new GC survival world with a friend of mine so i'm going to play a lot and probably find a lot of bugs.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Everyone, just a heads up that there is a new version 3.0.0.155 out. It fixes a couple of the problems with space station movement so now you should be able to move about on space stations in the way that we intended.

The problem with it is it cannot be seen as easy as a sticky topic (which most of people blindly and mindlessly miss out already). It could be included in the README.md (not a good solution) or it could be an article in the Wiki.
I feel that some of the people coming to the Github have read it, as the number of duplicate issues has reduced, so it is doing some good. We can try to keep it always near the top of the list of issues (kinda like a sticky) by fixing the issues above it, or by re-issuing it from time to time. For me it's a better solution than the Wiki, because it's easy to cross-reference it with other issues on the Github.

Thecyberchill

Aug 17, 2014
it would seem every time I install the 1.7.10 beta i get those weird black water/Lava in underground cave systems,
2014-08-17_160951.png

Last edited:

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
it would seem every time I install the 1.7.10 beta i get those weird black water/Lava in underground cave systems,
It's normal. These oil pockets spawn randomly, sometimes mid-air, in the caves blocking the way, in the middle of the weirdest places. I once found one in the library of a stronghold.

I suggested that these oil pockets could have a more meaningful/sensible generation: http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?threads/oil-generation-improvements.3701/

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
From GC version 3.0.0.156 and later, oil works like this:
* you won't have oil in the middle of caves or abandoned minecrafts, like in that screenshot - oil will only be generated inside rock formations (or other blocks)
* instead of the numerous small pockets of oil we had before, there is now a smaller number (40% of what we had before) of larger oil reservoirs
* oil is more common in desert and ocean biomes
* oil is not common in any type of hills biome

If upgrading from an older GC3, to get the new oil generation, you would need to re-generate your Overworld - otherwise you will find the old system in any part of the Overworld you already explored.

It is still possible to find oil in a Stronghold (behind the walls etc) but I don't think it can make the Stronghold unusable...

Thecyberchill

Aug 17, 2014
That's oil. It's supposed to be there.
Oh wow Thanks! I had been thinking it was some kinda rendering error.. but its oil huh?

I do have one more concern, whenever i go to astroids, they seem to act like thier outside that dimensions physical rendering area "the Farlands" the point in which the minecraft terrain repeats only phantom to save render space, any readon why astroids would behave as a phantom (visibally thier but not physically walkable)?

Last edited by a moderator:

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
@Thecyberchill are you using the latest version of GC3?

On some PCs there can be lag issues when you go to the Asteroids. If you arrive there and it's not physically walkable (you fall through blocks, you can't break blocks etc) then log out of the game and log in again, that should fix it.

We are aware of this problem and we are trying to improve it. (If you look in your log, there will probably be messages about the server "can't keep up".)

Thecyberchill

Aug 17, 2014
@Thecyberchill are you using the latest version of GC3?

On some PCs there can be lag issues when you go to the Asteroids. If you arrive there and it's not physically walkable (you fall through blocks, you can't break blocks etc) then log out of the game and log in again, that should fix it.

We are aware of this problem and we are trying to improve it. (If you look in your log, there will probably be messages about the server "can't keep up".)

I believe I am the downloads on mods get confusing sometimes, but my game was in 1.7.10 i've recently downgraded my server and game to 1.7.2, but I do have some concerns, about animated player, female gender mod, and smart move, are their any plans for the future to make galacticraft comparable with them?