Galacticraft 3 Release Notes

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
We update the build almost every day while Galacticraft 3 is in Beta, so it's worth always checking for updates, there can also be builds more recent than the officially "stable" version so if you want the very latest check here: http://ci.micdoodle8.com/job/Galacticraft-1.7/

There are no current plans (meaning the next month or so) to make Galacticraft compatible with Smart Moving, Animated Player, or other similar mods, unless we have a breakthrough. We are aware that a lot of players have asked for this. But as explained elsewhere - including also on some of those other mods homepages - it is almost asking the impossible, because all these different mods are making changes to how the player looks and moves. If anyone has a smart solution for this for Galacticraft, they are welcome to suggest it. We might eventually look for an intermediate solution like having another mod take over the movement if the player is on the Overworld and have Galacticraft take over in space. But even on the Overworld there will be the problems of:
* all the Galacticraft wearable items - these are not armor, so the other mods won't know what to do with them
* parachuting players
* players carrying a rocket (or Cryogenic Chamber, or other item which changes the arm position)
* players inside rockets

Zeek

Aug 19, 2014
East Coast, United States
I'm glade to see all the improvements to your mod. I hope the fix for the sealed cables go easy for you.
And thank you for all your time and effort in putting together this gem.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
UPDATE and for @Thecyberchill : the latest version of GC3 - http://ci.micdoodle8.com/job/Galacticraft-1.7/177/ - has experimentally added Render Player API support, to see if we can get compatibility with Smart Moving and some of those other mods. (Not More Player Models, that uses a different system.) Please check it out, and let us know if it works...

-----

@Chronic39, no, not going to release GC3 for 1.6.4, not unless someone else wants to backport it. We do not even plan to push the recent 1.7 bugfixes to 1.6.4. But the mod is open source so in theory it should be possible for someone else to do this if there is enough interest.

Chronic39

Aug 31, 2014
@Chronic39, no, not going to release GC3 for 1.6.4, not unless someone else wants to backport it. We do not even plan to push the recent 1.7 bugfixes to 1.6.4. But the mod is open source so in theory it should be possible for someone else to do this if there is enough interest.

thanks for the information. I really hope someone else who knows how to do what you mentioned shows enough interest, because I would really love to use this mod on my personal 1.6.4 mod pack. The developers did an amazing job with this mod, and I have enjoyed my trips to the moon and mars. I could always switch the server to 1.7 to use g3 but then I would lose out on mods like orespawn :(. Thanks again for the info though.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
UPDATE and for @Thecyberchill : the latest version of GC3 - http://ci.micdoodle8.com/job/Galacticraft-1.7/177/ - has experimentally added Render Player API support, to see if we can get compatibility with Smart Moving and some of those other mods. Please check it out, and let us know if it works...
Just tested r183 with SmartMoving 1.7.10: it's a big progress! MC 1.6.4 used to crash on startup with GC and SM. The main issue now is that GC armor models (ox. gears, thermal padding etc) don't "detect" the player X-Y-Z rotation.

lM82ek2.png

Probably this post can be of some help: https://github.com/MachineMuse/MachineMusePowersuits/issues/463

Big thanks!

Reactions: MoltonMontro

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
hey @Ezer'Arch - thanks for that, I didn't know it was working even a little bit (it crashed when I tried it!) Please could you say which exact versions of SmartMoving and its apis you are using.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
As of build 3.0.2.184, Terraformers can now work with most sapling types (including saplings from other mods):
SOC4ZlbXegIN5annOvTAaJGF52gyUw0Esw2D9tO6k_o

Bushes (including dead bushes and rosebushes) can also be planted.

Saplings will need their normal light levels for the Terraformer to be able to grow them, so maybe add a couple of Arc Lamps.

Apart from the question of light levels, non-vanilla saplings will not always grow, it's random depending on how slowly the sapling normally grows (like a sapling which takes ages to grow, will have a big chance of not growing; a sapling which grows quickly should be grown by the Terraformer most of the time).

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Please could you say which exact versions of SmartMoving and its apis you are using.
MC 1.7.10 - Smart Moving 15.2: SmartCore-1.7.10-1.0.jar, SmartMoving-1.7.10-15.2.jar, SmartRender-1.7.10-2.0.jar
MC 1.7.10 - Player API core 1.0: PlayerAPI-1.7.10-1.0.jar
MC 1.7.10 - Render Player API core 1.0 (optional): RenderPlayerAPI-1.7.10-1.0.jar

As of build 3.0.2.184, Terraformers can now work with most sapling types (including saplings from other mods):
SOC4ZlbXegIN5annOvTAaJGF52gyUw0Esw2D9tO6k_o
Image is broken.

EDIT:

There's a core conflict between GC and SM, more serious than the eye-candy aspect: SM removes the GC per-dimension gravity altogether.

Last edited:

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
New build 3.0.2.185 has added an Infinite Oxygen Supply item which you can use with an Infinite Battery to throw up a very quick Oxygen Bubble Distributor in creative mode. (Slots for it will be added to more oxygen machines soon.)

Also fixed all the player inventory tab issues, including when you switch gamemode inside NEI.

AcapitalA

Apr 12, 2013
New build 3.0.2.185 has added an Infinite Oxygen Supply item which you can use with an Infinite Battery to throw up a very quick Oxygen Bubble Distributor in creative mode. (Slots for it will be added to more oxygen machines soon.)

Also fixed all the player inventory tab issues, including when you switch gamemode inside NEI.
I was waiting for this SO long and now it's finally in the game, thanks Radfast and SpaceViking!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezer'Arch

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Please thank @SpaceViking, he made the nice new GUIs.

Infinite Oxygen item now works in Oxygen Compressor and Sealer also. And you can use it in your crafting inventory, with an oxygen tank, to refill the tank - as of build 3.0.2.188.

Reactions: AcapitalA

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
@Mandike14 yes, absolutely. Current latest build is 3.0.2.199. For a modpack I recommend waiting until build 200 comes (today or tomorrow) as that is likely to be the next "Stable" version.

(Stable is a label given to certain versions - in fact the latest build should usually be more stable than the stable version because we are fixing bugs all the time.)

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
As tweeted (follow @radfast) new milestone build 200 of GC3 is out. Multiplayer access to space stations is now possible, and this stable build fixes a bunch of other stuff too.

- Multiplayer access to space stations
- 100% Smart Moving compatibility. The issues in the screenshot @Ezer'Arch posted have been fixed - looks really nice now
- Water Electrolyzer machine added (though for now, you will need pipes from another mod - e.g. BuildCraft, EnderIO or Mekanism, to move the hydrogen into the Methane Synthesizer)
- Liquid canisters can be used with BuildCraft tanks and other machines from other mods - pipe that liquid oxygen around!
- Gas Liquefier machine can now be fully automated with hoppers, BuildCraft pipes or Applied Energistics
- If you break a fueled rocket or buggy, the dropped item will have the fuel saved
- The player positioning in rockets is fixed, looks good in 1st person view and less clipping in 3rd person view
- More translations, including the in-game Config settings from the Mods page in main menu
- A lot of small fixes, wiring and everything else should now just work better

Full changelog: http://ci.micdoodle8.com/job/Galacticraft-1.7/changes